Garlic Butter Smoked Thighs

Started by La Quinta, May 19, 2008, 07:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

La Quinta

Sorry CFW...been out at the Gizmos...uh...no...no brine...hope this post isn't too late?

Chickenfarmers Wife

nope not too late... they are for tomorrow.   ;D

How was the cheese????  ;)
~Jana~

Smoking Duck

Well, LQ, let me say that I thought your thighs were scrumptious.  There were quite a few who thought so as well.  I did get some statements about the essence of garlic but overall, I'd say a "legsellent selection".  Get it?  Thighs?  Legsellent?  Wooooooo hoooooo. 

Let me tell you.....if you aren't mixing the wonderful aroma of smoke and Vicodin, you don't know what you're missing!  Course, that means I can't drink but no hangover tomorrow!

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

La Quinta

Thanks...just doin the testing...I'm glad you liked them SD...but yeah, ya gotta like garlic to do them....so I appreciate that some peeps may find them a "leetle strong" !!! Hell I could eat garlic for breakfast...and crap I'm Irish!!!

huhwhatliar

They say home is where family is not......

La Quinta

My Irish grandfather told me to watch out for you guys...I guess he was right!!! :)

Smoking Duck

Quote from: La Quinta on May 25, 2008, 08:51:06 PM
My Irish grandfather told me to watch out for you guys...I guess he was right!!! :)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I'm with you, LQ.  I'd put garlic in pancakes if I thought it wouldn't get me carted off to the looney bin!

La Quinta

Soooo...Giggles...uh...(wait lemme stop laughing)...having fun with your brother-in-law?? The bigun???...:)

huhwhatliar

Quote from: La Quinta on May 25, 2008, 09:12:53 PM
Soooo...Giggles...uh...(wait lemme stop laughing)...having fun with your brother-in-law?? The bigun???...:)

way too funny LQ  :D :D

Domenick
They say home is where family is not......

Smoking Duck

Yes..... I started smoking at 4 am this morning.  Have two pork shoulders in and just pulled 2 pork loins.  Can you believe the shoulders are going on 20 hours now and still only at 150?  I had a big load in but they sure seem to be taking their sweet time getting done.  I may just pull them at 175 if they go 24 hours.  But, I needs my sleep, so good night!

iceman

OK LQ here's the real deal on them there cluck-er thighs.
I cheated and ran them through the Reveo with some EVOO and low sodium broth.
I used some thin sliced buckboard bacon to wrap them.
24 thighs............4 people..............not one frigging leftover!!!!!!!!!!!
I was sooooooooooo full I almost quit drinking (I said almost) but I had sympathy pains for Smoking Duck so I continued.
Man this R & D stuff is gonna kill me..........slowly.........pound by pound.
Ya done good girl. Thanks for the recipe. It's now in my cook book.
:) ;)

Smoking Duck

Quote from: iceman on May 26, 2008, 11:03:47 AM
Man this R & D stuff is gonna kill me..........slowly.........pound by pound.

Oh, but what a sweet way to go  ;D

I too loved it.....it's just the sissies that can't stand a little garlic that need to be thrown off the boat.  Me, I'm riding that boat all the way to the casket.

I concur with Ice.......ya done good!

La Quinta

Thanks Guys...appreciate the feedback...and if it's in Ice's book...that's good enough for me for mine!!! :)

But...Ice...did you use the garlic...unless I missed it in your post...? I guess my biggest concern is ratcheting back the amount of garlic?

Lemme know...

T.

iceman

LQ I used 10 cloves of roasted garlic instead. More mellow and still a great garlic taste. I keep a bunch of roasted garlic in the freezer in small portions just for meals like this.

La Quinta

Ok...nice variation...may have to mention that...I am just a strong garlic flavor lover...but I like the idea if one doesn't appreciate the finer qualities of raw garlic...and...it's better then taking the amount of garlic down and losing it all together in the smoke.  Thanks!