Chicken?

Started by stormdiver, January 07, 2004, 01:31:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cold Smoke

The beer can chicken turned out very decent- really moist. I used 6 apple bisquettes but the smoke flavor was a little mild for me- I'd double the smoke time or toss in a few hickory pucks next time. I also find that the birds I've brined overnight vs those that have only had a dry rub have a saltier taste ( that's my preference-I like a little salt with the suds).

Just wondering- has anyone ever tossed a chicken (or anything for that matter)in the smoker for a second round of smoke- even after it's done?

Cold Smoke

Richard Pearce

<font face="Comic Sans MS"></font id="Comic Sans MS"><font color="navy"></font id="navy">
Hi Coldsmoke
Out of interest, where are you? I'm sitting in Ontario and your last message said it was sent at 15:29 and I can't think of anywhere in Canada that's 5 hours ahead of Ont!
btw I have a chicken in the smoker as we speak and I may just try letting it cool and doing the coldsmoke thing again tomorrow. If it survives the gathering hords today (drawn by the smell of smoke I reckon) I'll let you know.

Stouffville, Ontario, Canada.
Richard Pearce

Cold Smoke

Top of the morning, Richard, I'm in Winnipeg- I haven't figured out the time thing on this forum- I'm 1 hour behind you- it's 9:50 AM CST as I type. Let me know how the double smoke works out.
BTW - I've found that razorwire keeps the hungry masses at bay....for a little while.

Cold Smoke

Richard Pearce

[navy]
I've only just noticed that the time on mine is rather strange as well; I guess we're on Bradley time!

Richard Pearce

Bassman

I cold smoked a pork butt after it was done and pulled apart because I thought it should have a smokier flavor. It worked great!only smoked it for about an hour.

<i><font color="blue"><b>Jack</i></font id="blue"></b>
Jack

Fuzzybear

Hey Coldsmoke!

Glad to hear the bird turned out for ya!

Been gone a few days and just got around to checking back on this page.  You are right about the skin - I posted a photo on page one of this thread...it was tasty but don't let the doc find out!

"A mans got to know his limitations"
Glendora, CA - USA!

Chez Bubba

Guys,

We're on UK time. When you go to play poker, you abide by the host's house rules.[:)]

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Richard Pearce

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Chez Bubba</i>
<br />Guys,

We're on UK time. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
<font face="Century Gothic"></font id="Century Gothic"><font color="navy"></font id="navy">

<font color="red">Kirk
Why, I say to myself? They're in Canada, I'm in Canada, you're pretty damn close to them and it doesn't even appear to be UTC that they use! I shall continue to think of it as Bradley Smoker Time. BST or Bravo time!
Richard</font id="red">

Richard Pearce

Chez Bubba

Richard,

Yes, Bradley is in Canada. But the gentleman who graciously offered to provide our smoky cyber-club forum is in England. He is the European distributor for the Bradley smoker. We all owe him a thank you and a couple of pints if we're in the area.[8D]

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Richard Pearce

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Chez Bubba</i>
<br /> We all owe him a thank you and a couple of pints if we're in the area.[8D]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
[navy]
I agree with you entirely Kirk. It's the finest forum I know of and beautifully run!

Richard Pearce

Oldman

Fuzzybear,

I don't know who looks better....you or the Chicken LOL!

That is one nice looking bird. Thanks for the info on how you did it.
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Fuzzybear

Well sir, I think the chicken does!  

Gramma bought a 6 pounder that I'll be working on shortly....it's like whenever someone get's a taste of smoked products, the one with the smoker is expected to be the cook!

Glendora, CA - USA!

snapper39

Has anyone ever tried doing up a batch of Jamaican "Jerk Chicken" I am thinking it would be awsome?
Sanp

I'd walk a thousand miles to smoke a "Camel"

kjel

I tried smoking chicken in another smoker w/ temp around 200.  The skin came out chewy and not crispy.  Is that usual for smoking?  I noticed that a Fuzzybear & Cold Smoke got crispy skin using BS.

Fuzzybear

Well, it's not crispy like true fried would be..........so I would have to say a little chewy is normal....but I don't snak on it unless no one is watching hee hee![:D]

Glendora, CA - USA!