New Food Saver on the Market

Started by Habanero Smoker, May 23, 2008, 02:55:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

La Quinta

Habs...I might not be the greatest judge for ya...because I never had one before...but maybe my opinion could be valuable for ease of use and the like...

Smokin Soon

Costco has these new Advanced models now for $129.95. I paid way more buying direct. My bad!!!

La Quinta

Maybe...but...they last for years (as other members have testified to) so...my assumption is it will amortize itself actually quite quickly...so don't worry...I'm not...nor should you...

Wildcat

Quote from: Smokin Soon on May 29, 2008, 06:05:23 PM
Costco has these new Advanced models now for $129.95. I paid way more buying direct. My bad!!!

Thanks for this info.  Did it come with everything that the buying direct would have?  If not, that could be part of the reason for the direct price being higher.  I do not need all the extra stuff that the direct offers.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Smokin Soon on May 29, 2008, 06:05:23 PM

I don't have a Costco in my area. I will be checking Sam's Club next week. I'm surprised they are already in stores like Costco.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

La Quinta

Habs...wanted to follow up and give you feedback on the FoodSaver...actaully quite easy to use and compact...as it folds up...the only ridiculous problem I had was a tiny strip of cardboard in the "V-channel" that I missed when un-packing the unit. Opened it up...removed the cardboard...and all was good to go...easy to make bags...seal bags...etc...

I think I was particularly drawn to it for the size and compactness (if that's a word)!! I would recommend the unit.

But again...I have not had one before...you guys/gals may have some "major league" units that you would never trade...but for us...it's perfect.

Just a follow up...

Smokin Soon

Now that a seasoned member fessed up, I admit I did the same thing with that sneaky piece of cardboard on the bottom. Please have your adult beverages after you open your new Foodsaver and test it. I almost threw mine out the back door before I found that!!

West Coast Sausage Maker

soylent green is people

La Quinta

Smokin Soon...I was going mad trying to figure out why it didn't work...took out a flashlight (in the middle of the day) poked it in there and viola...saw that sneaky little strip of cardboard...felt like a total idiot!!! :)

And PS...the directions aren't very good IMHO. But I would assume...if you've had a unit before...it would be very straight forward. I like it...having fun...:)

Habanero Smoker

LQ
Thanks for the feed back. I currently have a basic FoodSaver that I got from Sam's, so this would be an upgrade for me. I like the fact that it is compact. And thanks for letting me know about the cardboard. You probably saved me some aggravation when I get mine. :)

I
         don't
                   inhale.

La Quinta

Glad I could help Habs...let me know what you think of the unit.

Arcs_n_Sparks

HCT

Habs, there's a Costco over in Brookfield.
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

Habanero Smoker

HCT;

Thanks. I'm not a member, and I'm not sure if I would use the membership that often. Is there one in Danbury?

I
         don't
                   inhale.

HCT

Habs,
Brookfield is the next town up from Danbury. Just take rt. 202-7 south through New Milford.
The only thing I like about Costco is their return policy on appliances. They have a decent cheese selection also. Not fond of their meats at all. I also find that each Costco varies in their selections. The one down in Waterbury has a lumber dept and a deli. Go figure. With the price of gas you're not saving anything, prolly costing more. :D
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"