Auber plug & play temp control

Started by bushman, June 01, 2008, 08:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Walleye

Thanks Habs

I emailed the files to you. I tried to convert them to jpeg images but it destroyed the file. Maybe your software will work better.

The other thing I thought of was to sent Suyi Lui from Auber an email and try to get him to make them available on his web site. I think it would be helpful for most of his customers to quickly reference the material.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Mr Walleye on August 02, 2008, 06:18:23 AM
Thanks Habs

I emailed the files to you. I tried to convert them to jpeg images but it destroyed the file. Maybe your software will work better.

The other thing I thought of was to sent Suyi Lui from Auber an email and try to get him to make them available on his web site. I think it would be helpful for most of his customers to quickly reference the material.

Mike

I'll check my e-mail now. I have Acrobat Pro 8, and I should'nt have any problems with the conversion. I'll get it done later this evening.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Habanero Smoker

Hi Mike;

The AuberIns_PID_Manual is password protected. The only primissions are printing, copying is also blocked. I tried a screen capture, but you have to reduce the image on the screen so much to capture a full page it not worth viewing. The controlling the smoker file converted alright. that wasn't protected.

The other file converted alright. I'll send out later the converted file later this evening. Right now there is a break in the weather, so I need to get my corn and eggplant in the smoker.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

deb415611

I can print it out & scan it.  I might be able to to scan directly to a jpeg (I usually scan to pdf but I'm sure I have that option). 

ETA - I may already have a printed copy - I know I printed when I bought mine.  I might just have to do the scanning.

Habanero Smoker

Hi Deb;

Now that I got my corn in the smoker I'm able to think more clearly. Thanks for the idea, let me try printing and scanning if I have any problems you definatel will be a backup. :)

I
         don't
                   inhale.

deb415611

Habs,  don't print!!!

I just printed to PDF with adobe 7 pro & it created a file w/o security.  Then I opened & did save as a jpeg.  The bigger file created each page as a separate jpeg.  I have them all.   Should I throw them on photobucket & link them?

Habanero Smoker

If you got them both done, that will be great if you can put them in your photobucket, but I'm sure that Mike will be able to download them from there; they are small files so you should be able to upload them without resampling. And if you post the link I want to check it out to make sure it is the same file that Mike sent. The locked file was the Auber SYL PID Temperature Controller - Instruction Manual.

That's funny, the small file should have made file for each picture.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

deb415611

Habs,
It might be a different file.  The larger file that was on the cd I received was labeled WS1200AS.  The smaller file was controlling the smoker WS1200AS. 

I have to go finish dinner but will do as soon as I'm done. 

Deb

P.S.  The smaller file created a file for each page also.

deb415611

Habs,

Here is page 1 of smaller file:

The larger file :

Let me know if they are the files you are looking at. 

I'm fighting with photobucket right now trying to get them where & the way I want them.  Adobe did not put the correct page numbers on the files.

Deb

Wildcat

I think what you guys are doing is great, but I would recommend that you contact Auber and make sure that you are not violating copywrite laws.  If it is copyrighted, then I would guess that Auber would grant permission.  Just trying to watch out for everyones best interest.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Habanero Smoker

Hi Deb;

Thanks for doing this. Sorry I missed your post, and didn't get to it earlier. I had to eat some of that corn, the eggplant came out great to, then I did some work on the recipe site.

The first photo you have is the short PDF file that Mike sent. Your second example is not the other file Mike sent me, so I will go ahead and print that out and scan it. I'm going to send Mike the converted Auber SYL.... files, do you want a copy also? Mike may want you to send him a copy of what you converted. I'm sure when he see this, he will inform us.

For Acrobat, the page number should be listed at the end of the file name. The name of the file is long, so if viewing in MS Explorer, extend the Name column.

As for photobucket, upload the pictures in reverse order, last page first, then they will be displayed in proper order when you view them.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

deb415611

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on August 03, 2008, 02:40:59 AM
Hi Deb;

Thanks for doing this. Sorry I missed your post, and didn't get to it earlier. I had to eat some of that corn, the eggplant came out great to, then I did some work on the recipe site.

The first photo you have is the short PDF file that Mike sent. Your second example is not the other file Mike sent me, so I will go ahead and print that out and scan it. I'm going to send Mike the converted Auber SYL.... files, do you want a copy also? Mike may want you to send him a copy of what you converted. I'm sure when he see this, he will inform us.

For Acrobat, the page number should be listed at the end of the file name. The name of the file is long, so if viewing in MS Explorer, extend the Name column.

As for photobucket, upload the pictures in reverse order, last page first, then they will be displayed in proper order when you view them.

Habs,

Thanks for the tip on photobucket.   

Adobe did number the files but incorrectly numbered a few.  I will rename them when I get a chance. 

I hope it's not too late -- If you open the file in adobe acrobat (standard or pro, just not reader) you can do file/print then pick "adobe pdf" as your printer.  It will "print" the file to a new file that should not have security.  Saves the paper & scanning step.  I didn't think of it until after I opened the file to print it out.  I thought I had mentioned it earlier but maybe not.

The corn & eggplant sound great.  I'm interested in what you did with the corn.  I have to go get some in awhile. 

The manual I have is for the non-programmable auber plug & play. 

Deb

Habanero Smoker

Thanks for the tip I'll try that. I did print and scan, by you loose some quality.

The smoked corn is form the recipe site, and I posted the recipe for the smoked eggplant.

Smoked Corn on the Cob
Smoked Marinated Eggplant

For the corn read my comments at the bottom of the page.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

deb415611

Thanks Habs!

Not sure why I didn't think to look there.  I was just going there to get the SmokinHotMama's smoked pork chop recipe.

Deb

Habanero Smoker

Hi Deb;

Auber did more then just secure with a password, they also encrypted the file, so it won't allow it to print to print to adobe pdf.

This is the message I get:

%%[ ProductName: Distiller ]%%
This PostScript file was created from an encrypted PDF file.
Redistilling encrypted PDF is not permitted.
%%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored ]%%
%%[ Warning: PostScript error. No PDF file produced. ] %%

I guess Auber believes they have a top secret document ;D

I had already sent the image files to Mike, but was hoping to improve the quality.

But your tip will come in handy. I have a couple of files that I have secured with a password, and not encrypted. Now I know how to open them and modify them if I have to.

I
         don't
                   inhale.