Where can I find Kummock's salmon recipe?

Started by jasonprox700, June 04, 2008, 08:03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jasonprox700

I keep hearing about Kummock's salmon recipe, but where can I find it?  I am newbie to smoking (I've smoked venison, but not fish), and this will be my first attempt with salmon I caught this past weekend.  I want to find a proven recipe and from what I've read, this is the one.  Problem is, I just can't find it.

Does somebody have a link to it?  It would be greatly appreciated. 

Also, what about brine recipe?  I am trying to keep it as simple as I can right now, and then when I get more experience, I will move up to more complicated recipes.

Scotty-G

Welcome to the wonderful world of smoking.

Try this link
http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=107.0

Also, in the area where you posted this thread, right above is a sticky for  Bradley Smoked Alaskan Salmon.
Click on that - that's what you are looking for...

Follow the recipe and you will be in for a treat.  Just finished smoking 3 salmon this past weekend.

Gizmo

Welcome Jason,
You can also get recipes from Olds recipe site devoted to the Bradley.
The link below my post is the link to the site.  Kummock rockin recipe is there as well.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Kummok

Quote from: jasonprox700 on June 04, 2008, 08:03:36 PM
...Also, what about brine recipe?  I am trying to keep it as simple as I can right now, and then when I get more experience, I will move up to more complicated recipes.

Welcome to the fish thread, Jason! Been where you are at the moment....but now that you are "Bradley-ing", things won't seem as "complicated".

The brine and brining especially is not complicated at all, as you've probably seen w/ Giz & Scotty-G's able assistance getting you to the recipe. The more important part of the salmon is forming the pellicle, a critical step in  a successful outcome. Not to worry too much though, because salmon is even quite forgiving at that step too.

By far, the hardest part of smoking salmon for me was actually getting off the starting line, years back. Read through the recipe, get your supplies/equipment as suggested, and pick a 2 day period when you want to do it and go for it. Smoked salmon is a great way to start off simple and "WOW" your family/friends with the results. The tough part then, is trying to decide whether or not to tell them that it was an extremely complex process that not everyone could do or just tell them the "simple" truth....they won't care either way as long as the salmon keeps on coming from you!!