Smoked Chicken Fajitas

Started by Carter, July 08, 2008, 09:29:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carter

I just sent this post to the recipe site, but in case it doesn't make the cut, I thought I'd share here.

This is so easy, and the beauty of it is that it is totally flexible to what you have in your refridgerator.

Last night was one of our most delicious successes so I thought I would post. I think the spice combo combined with the smokiness of the chicken really worked well. This recipe served two people or 5 fajitas (2 for my wife & 3 for me).

half a yellow onion
half a red pepper
half a green pepper
a bunch of white button mushrooms
smoked chicken

Saute onion until soft, then add peppers until they start to soften, then add mushrooms, then add chicken in that order. Times aren't very scientific.

Add spices: I used the following and went light on each one except the Oregano:
A sprinkle of Goya Adobo Seasoning Salt
A sprinkle of Cumin
A sprinkle of fennel powder
A sprinkle of Oregano Flakes
A sprinkle of Basil Flakes
A sprinkle of Memphis Rub (I use recipe from the BBQ Bible).

Once ready to eat, serve with sides. We kept it simple last night.

1. Cut up slices of fresh avocado
2. A Black bean and Corn Salsa (President's Choice for Canadian readers).
3. Shredded Cheddar cheese
4. Frank's Hot Sauce with Lime.

Taco shells used: Old El Paso cheddar flavoured soft taco shells. I warm them in a dry no stick frying pan on really really low heat with a cover on.

We love to make this dinner. The beauty of it is that you can mix and match with whatever you've got in your fridge. Different vegetables, some refried beans or some sour cream could have all been added.

All delicious ways to use up leftover Bradley Smoked Chicken.

Carter

HCT

Thanks Carter, I put this on my to-do recipe list.
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

Habanero Smoker

Carter;

Thanks for the recipe. I'll get it typed up as soon as possible.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Habanero Smoker

Carter;

I just have a few questions about your recipe.

Do you have an approximate amount of chicken and mushrooms that you add?
Do you slice the mushrooms?

Thanks again for the recipe.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

Carter

The amount of chicken is a bit of an approximation because it was boneless chicken pieces cut and pulled from the bird.  But I know I used two handfuls.  So let's say two cups.

For the mushrooms, I'd say we must have used about 8 of them.  I then slice them once or twice depending on the size.  I don't like my mushrooms two thin though.  I like mine a little chunky and under rather than over cooked.  That's why I add them towards the end of the cooking process.

No problem on the recipe.  The more that's on the site the better it is for all of us.

does it take you a lot of time to post this stuff?

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Carter on July 09, 2008, 09:05:19 AM
does it take you a lot of time to post this stuff?

Generally for most recipes it doesn't take too long, it depends on the recipe. The most time goes toward formatting, I'm trying to get most recipes in a similar format. So it may not appear the way you post it, but I do my best to keep the content of the original post.

Your's should be posted later this evening. I'll send you a link after I post it.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

Carter

Thanks Habs!!

Good to see my name in lights.

Carter