Texas Brisket Bows to Bradley and Thanks to the Board

Started by Pachanga, June 20, 2008, 04:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HCT

"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

Oldman

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Pachanga

Olds,

Thanks for making it easy for me.  I need all the help I can get.  Now all I need to do is locate some fresh wild salmon.  We have a market here that should handle it at some price.  I've tried farm raised for grilling and it just doesn't match up.  I just need one salmon like the one in the pictures of Kummok (I assume) and I'll be ready to go.

Pachanga

westexasmoker

Pachanga

I too landlocked in west texas can't get fresh salmon, but can tell ya that the store bought fillets (@ 11.99 per lb  :o , hence why I don't do it very often) done exactly by Kummok's receipe is amazing!  Oh yeah and nice to see another Texan on the board, look forward to your post's!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Carter

Great post Pachanga.

I've been wanting to do Brisket and haven't tried it.  This post is inspiration.

Carter

Scotty-G

Pachanga,
Thanks for sharing that awsome post.  I actually started smoking just a few years ago, using my OBS.  I've made a few briskets since then and one thing I love about this forum, you never stop learning from others.  So, thank you - got a few tips from you that I am going to try with my next brisket.

BTW, most I've ever loaded my OBS up with at one time was 25 lbs of brisket (2 x 12.5 lbers) and 15 lbs of pork butt (40 lbs of meat in a 4 rack).  Brisket flats on bottom 2 trays, points on 3rd and pork butt on the top.  Smoke for 5 hrs (apple, maple, mesquite) and then low and slow for total of about 22 hrs.  Took a long time but the results were great.

Keep on sharing your experiences.
Scotty-G

West Coast Kansan

Pachanga, very nice post and great transition to the Bradley from the "real smokers"... Had a similar experience today with a fellow from Colorado who says, so this is your smokehouse,,, laugh, laugh, till i opened it and showed him dinner staying warm for his arrival. He was amazed at what was done with the bradley. 

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

bullsi1911

Quote from: Pachanga on June 20, 2008, 04:02:24 PMI must admit that it is still a little embarrassing when people ask to see my pit, but the proof is in the pudding or in this case, the brisket. 

I get the same thing. There is a bias against these newfangled contraptions among most Texans... but it sure works!

I would not mind having a nice offset, but I bet the Bradley would still get used more then a 'real' pit.

Thanks for the Brisket report.  I may just thaw out that slab 'o beef in my freezer and char some pucks this weekend.

huhwhatliar

Quote from: Pachanga on June 21, 2008, 04:00:44 PM
We have a market here that should handle it at some price.  I've tried farm raised for grilling and it just doesn't match up.  I just need one salmon like the one in the pictures of Kummok (I assume) and I'll be ready to go.

Pachanga

If you are still in the Metroplex Central Market on I-30 and Hulen has Alaska Salmon, but it is very pricey. Albertsons and Krogers will carry Alaska Salmon on occasion, but it goes very quick.

Domenick
They say home is where family is not......