Mr. and Mrs. Gizmo

Started by La Quinta, May 25, 2008, 08:49:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

La Quinta

Ok...I would normally send a card or something to a host/hostess that put me up for a couple of days...but I gotta tell you all...it was a total smoking learning experience...Giz and I did a lot of meat shopping and he taught me a lot about different cuts for jerky...and pretty much I got drunk every night and he did all of the work but...NOW...I know how to make jerky...didn't know squat when I arrived...SOOOO...then we did crawfish (but that will be a different post) but if anybody doesn't know what to do with jerky...Giz is the man...the cheese will also be another post...(Oh yeah...I ate a boatload of COLD SMOKED CHEESE!!! Brought a ton home with me too!!!:)

Giz...VA....thank you so much for a wonderful time...you guys are "too cool for school" to quote an old timer!! :) And can Josh eat bugs or what????? :)

huhwhatliar

You can't beat that, good food and good friends.

Domenick
They say home is where family is not......

La Quinta

Yeah...way kool...I am a lucky woman to have met the Gizzies!!!

Smoking Duck

Quote from: La Quinta on May 25, 2008, 08:49:33 PM
...and pretty much I got drunk every night and he did all of the work but...

Typical woman  ;D

You just know I couldn't leave that alone.

Gizzies,

What a wonderful thing to do to help another forum member.  It's yet another reason I believe this forum has the best of the best folks on it.

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

La Quinta

You may have the fly in the water Giggles but I'm not takin the bait!!! :) :) :)

Gizmo

It is truly a pleasure to meet and make friends with folks that have common interests. 
LQ, you are certainly welcome and your visit was a pleasure for us as well.  Look forward to visiting you in the desert (preferrably when the temps are low enough that you can walk from the car to the house without burning the leather on the bottom of the shoes  ;D).  Pizza 101 is on you.   ;) 8)
Let me know hubby's review of the mud bugs, cheese and jerky.  Good or bad, I can take it.

Picked up some Zataran's pasta jambalaya and rice jambalaya today.  Figure that will all the bug cleaning left to do, I'll take the short cut on the rice or pasta preperation and use the box.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

La Quinta

Geez Giz...that's a great idea...I think we have some already "in the house"! Gonna start breakin the bugs down in the morning...cheese is chillin...did the rich guy party...glad to be home and drinkin beer!!! :)

Thank you so much again...to you both...VA is the bomb!!! (well...and you're not so bad either!!!!) :)

HCT

This was a great post to read. Good people, all of you. :) ;)
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

pensrock

Giz, LQ,
  I buy Zatarans rice jambalaya all the time. It's great if you don't have the time to make it from scratch. I add smoked sausage, chicken, shrimp or whatever I have in the fridge to it and maybe a small can of corn. Doctor it up with a little cayenne pepper and its ready to go. Quick and easy.  ;D
pensrock

Gizmo

Zatarains' Jambalaya rice was the first for the leftovers.
I still have one batch left over for the Jambalaya Pasta Dinner Mix.  I add some andouille sausage as well.  I haven't had the pasta version before but love the version made at California Pizza Kitchen.  Yah it is not the same as in Louisianna but then when Bourbon Street isn't around the corner....
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

La Quinta

I'm with ya Giz...their mixes (no matter pasta or rice) are great...and now they have the lower sodium versions!!! LOVE THAT...ya know...the salt can make you bloat with all the beer!!! :) Can't have the bloat!!!