What are the most used types of wood?

Started by Andy, December 10, 2004, 02:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calatexmex

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by MallardWacker</i>
<br /><u><b>Don't even think of</b></u> <b><font color="red">Mesquite</font id="red"></b> "<b><u><font color="red"><font size="2">THE DEVILS WOOD</font id="size2"></font id="red"></u></b>[}:)]"

Unless you just love the perverbial burnt offering taste of <b><i><font size="2"><font color="green">cow pucks</font id="green"></font id="size2"></i></b>[xx(].

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I'm with ya Malard. Mesquite Bad [xx(] Noxious weed.[V] Smell bad.[:(!] Devils wood [}:)] ? You betcha.

Mike C

nsxbill

I have used Mesquite on both ribs and brisket, and actually enjoyed all of my burnt offerings. I think the flavor is decidedly stronger, but not as intrusive as some feel it is, and actually both ribs and brisket tasted even better the next day.

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

calatexmex

Hi Bill,
My rule has alway's been."As long as it works for you, that's all that matters" [:D]

Mike C

Phone Guy

I currently have Maple, Hickory, Apple and Mesquite on hand. I like the Apple for bacon and cheese. I thought I made a mistake purchasing the 120 of Mesquite but have used it for ribs and brisket and have been happy with the results. Last couple of times I did ribs I used 1 Mesquite to 2 Hickory. Not sure if I could tell the difference. I think the thing to do is to smoke two batches, 1 with Mesquite and 1 with Mesquite/Hickory. The truth is I havent smoked anything that came out inedible. [:p]