Killed it again! Kinda!

Started by westexasmoker, July 13, 2008, 11:20:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

westexasmoker

Yep somehow last night while doing the fajitas, the cabinet just died, SG still rockin along...on the bright side the meat for the fajitas was almost done..So time to pull it apart again, replaced slider...nada...pull the back off and no voltage across the fuse...dang...by this time I'm oh lets just say a bit p'od so we just hard wired it..WooHoo we have juice, now here is where the plot thickens, at this point I've had a little to much adult beverage, and its late, so fell asleep...Awaken to rain showers and the smoker still apart on the back porch....yep, not the brightest crayon in the box,,everything soaked, bring it into the house and dry it all out and now we're.................Smokin!!  Habs CB in, and some brisket coming up!!  I will say that one should not hard wire the smoker, but if one did, thank goodness for the PID!!  I wonder if all that mesquite smoke....Oh nevermind!!  ;D  Brisket pics later!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

FLBentRider

All that mesquite smoke must be rough on the equipment...

;D ;D ;D

Sorry to hear your troubles.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Oldman

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

West Coast Kansan

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

westexasmoker

Can't keep a good smoker down....Briskets about to get a good rubbing and popped in @ 220 for 5 hours of mesquite!

And now after 18 hours in the oven @ 220

Oh and why not some smokey baked taters!

C

westexasmoker

Almost forgot....did a batch of Habs CB, this stuff is awesome, if ya haven't tried this recipe ya don't know what your missing!! 

C

Oldman

Quotedevils wood as they say...
Amen... give me oak any day!

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!