Help Required! Building a Smoker

Started by justwandr, March 15, 2010, 09:41:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quarlow

Easy there JW. We got some good electrians on here that will be along to help you out. Just remember these are the best folks in the world. Someone will help get you going.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

HawkeyeSmokes

HawkeyeSmokes

Mr Walleye

How are you making out justwandr? I haven't been around for a number of days but I do try to check in every once in a while.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

justwandr

First thing first.

I like to thank everyone for all their help and I really have to thank HawkeyeSmokes for going way out of his way to help me with wiring diagram and the questions I had for him. Guys like him makes this community a better place for sure.

Last but not least I was able to finish up wiring the smoker almost two weeks ago but due to couple of guys taking days off at work...I have been working crazy hours. I was able to fire up the smoker yesterday and do some Jerk Chicken. It came out perfect.  Was little dry that due to the fact I forgot to add the water :x

I had some friends over today as it was my day off and we did another tandoori / Jerk mix. This time I did remember to add the water...however there is a little problem I noticed.

If the leg quarters are chopped up...there is blood visible...ehh kind of little too visible to the point I saw it coming out of the bone. Is it due to the fact I smoked at a low temp of about 230?

I took some pics but can't find the usb wire to the phone...will post them once I get a chance.

classicrockgriller

Glad you got that Smoker up and going.

You are right about HawkeyeSmokes. He is a grand guy!

He has helped me out on several occasions.

I like to use 250* for chicken.