My Latest Project.........

Started by Mr Walleye, July 16, 2008, 01:18:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

Plus Mike bought a smoke generator and I am hoping to let my OBS gen do double duty since I already have the adaptor plate.

In the end, if I have a $1000 in it and it can smoke 40 butts, I am happy!

classicrockgriller

Would you check on the link on the element?

I have looked at so many my eyes are crossed!

Thanks.

(Gabi says Hi!)

Mr Walleye

CRG

Here is a picture, although not that great, you can get the idea of it.

What I did was bend an 18 or 20 gauge piece of metal. There is a 1 inch flange to screw it to the wall and a 1 inch flange to screw it to the floor. The (upside down) "L" shape in this case was 4 inches by 4 inches. This creates a 4 inch channel for the wiring and also to mount the element to. You can extend it from the wall more, or less than the 4 inches, this is just to get the element in the centre of the cabinet and to protect the wiring.

Hope that made sense  ???

Mike

PS

I'll have a look for an element on line and post a link for you.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

classicrockgriller

Mike, makes perfect sense!

Thanks, I kinda thought it was something close to that.

That will be an easy do.

Mr Walleye

CRG

If you look at the sheet pan under the element you will see 4 small screws. On the bottom side I have small 1 inch "L" brackets bolted to each corner. This provides a 1 inch air space under the element pan for air circulation. The most important thing in selecting an element is to find one that fits inside the sheet pan. I just went snooping through a local hardware store that sells oven elements and selected one that would fit. The one I selected also has a small bracket attached to it that holds it up off the sheet pan. It's toward the right side of the picture and appears as a vertical line in the picture.

Anyway, Here's some links I found on line to similar elements. In the element pictures each square represents 1 inch so you can count out the dimensions. I don't see where it says what the watt rating is on any of these so you would want to check into that but they are 220 oven broiler elements. It seems the broiler elements are a little nicer fit for the sheet pan size.

http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-oven+element-%3d%3di3380&PartID=3380

http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-oven+element-%3d%3di1236072&PartID=1236072

http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-oven+element-%3d%3di544&PartID=544

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

classicrockgriller

Choice's? did you say Choice's?  grrrr

Thanks for all you have done!

I will name my first smoke after you! ;D

(Gabi says Hi Mike)

coyote

WOW !!! Mr. Walleye , You are as amazing as ever my friend !!! I have been reading and reading this thread over and over again . I'm gonna give this a shot in the very near future.
I have to get back to being a more active member of this great on-line community !!! Happy Memorial Day smokers !!!  Please remember......to remember.....

Coyote