Fatties

Started by bigcatdaddy, July 04, 2008, 07:12:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcger

I smoked my first fatties today.  I had a little cheese leakage, but other than that they look great.  I added some sautéed some onion and bell pepper and added two or three different cheeses.  Smoked them for about and hour and then continued to coom them at 220 to an IT of 160.  FTCd them for about 1 1/2 hour.  I can't wait to cut into them. ;D
There's room for all of God's critters right next to the mashed taters and gravy!

rcger

Quote from: rcger on July 13, 2008, 02:18:02 PM
I smoked my first fatties today.  I had a little cheese leakage, but other than that they look great.  I added some sautéed some onion and bell pepper and added two or three different cheeses.  Smoked them for about and hour and then continued to coom them at 220 to an IT of 160.  FTCd them for about 1 1/2 hour.  I can't wait to cut into them. ;D

I really can spell, so I'm going to try this again...

I smoked my first fatties today.  I had some cheese leakage, but other than that they look and smell great.  I added some sautéed onion and bell pepper and also two or three different cheeses.  Smoked them for about an hour and then continued to cook them at 220 to an IT of 160.  FTCd them for about 1 1/2 hour.  I can't wait to cut into them.
There's room for all of God's critters right next to the mashed taters and gravy!

Mr Walleye

Sounds great Rcger!

I wouldn't worry about the spelling and grammar, you should see some of my posts!  :D

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

iceman

Quote from: Mr Walleye on July 13, 2008, 03:37:46 PM
Sounds great Rcger!

I wouldn't worry about the spelling and grammar, you should see some of my posts!  :D

Mike

Amen Walleye! You and me both. My fingers don't follow the brain directions worth a darn sometimes.  :D

West Coast Kansan

No spell check here cuz it dont matter - and for me i dont care.  ;)

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

snowmon

What is burnt ends and what does FTC mean. I have seen these two terms often and would like to know what they mean.

Thanks,
                          snowmon

westexasmoker

FTC -After cooking wrap in Foil tightly - wrap in Towel - place in Cooler, this allows the meat to reabsorb and maintain temp!  Burnt ends, after smoking a brisket, preferably a packer trimmed, pull the fat cap off and back into the smoker, grill or even the oven and continue to cook.  Its almost like pork skins but its beef, its good stuff! 

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

snowmon

sounds pretty good to me. One other ? regarding the burnends. After the cap is pulled how much longer do you cook it?

westexasmoker

Another 3 hours or so, just till it gets good and crispy!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

snowmon

It all sounds so good. Another 30 - 40 minutes and I will start my first project. Thanks for the help WTS.  Can't wait to try a Brisket and burnt ends. I bought a couple Briskets today,  I just might try one this weekend.