Thanks Everyone For The Advice

Started by josbocc, July 21, 2008, 06:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

josbocc

Broke out the new BDS6 this past weekend, and did up some ABT's and about 8 lbs. of pork loins.  Wish I had some pics, but I forgot the darn digital cam at home, and there wasn't enough left to photograph after the carnage.

The ABT's came out a little too smoky for most of my guests.  (Too bad for them)  Next time I might cut down on the smoke time, or use something a little milder than hickory.

The pork loins turned out awesome.  Bout 2 1/2 hours of hickory and apple bisquettes alternated, then about 3 more hours of cooking time.  Folks were asking for more..., and the recipe. 

Thanks to all of you on the forum for your help.  Will probably be seeking more assistance in the future.  Not sure what I'll try next..., but I will try to have the camera ready to post some pics.

Keep on Smokin'
Jeff
The Wood Doesn't talk back
DBS6
Cabelas 80l Dehydator
All the Jerky Gadgets!!!

West Coast Kansan

Sounds like a great success.  When they come back for more you did things right  :D

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Gizmo

Nice post Josbocc.  Don't wait too long as in don't be a stranger.  8)
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Oldman

QuoteNext time I might cut down on the smoke time, or use something a little milder than hickory.
Try Adler next time. It is the mildest of the woods we use.
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

westexasmoker

Yep I'm big on mesquite. but I grew up that way!  Olds has got ya hooked up, find your own taste for the smoke and your good to go!  I'll still say mesquite...but I'm just hardwired!  Keep us posted!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!