Bisquette Advance

Started by SoonerSteve, July 19, 2008, 12:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoonerSteve

I just bought my smoker and am trying to season it.

I have put six Bisquette's in the unit. turn it on, hit advance, nothing.  I have unpluged, nothing.  i have taken bisquettes out to make sure no debris in the in the way, nothing.  is there a saftey, from when you first buy it that i am missing?

Arcs_n_Sparks

SoonerSteve

Bradley Original  4 rack

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E to the forum SoonerSteve!

I assume the power light is on... Do you hear a "click" when you push the bisquette advance ?

You might want to make sure that the bisquette magazine is in there straight. Or even take it off and see if it advances. or at least tries.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

SoonerSteve

thanks.

power lights are on, yes.  nope, no click.  and it appears to be in there straight.

i tried just putting a bisquette on the warming area but that isn't even working.

Arcs_n_Sparks

Does the smoke generator heating element get hot when switched on? If not, then a fuse and/or wiring problem. If smoke generator gets hot, then problem may be the switch or switch wiring. To eliminate the switch, you could briefly (and carefully) short it out.

westexasmoker

Welcome to the forum SoonerSteve!

I'm with Arcs.... sounds like maybe a wiring issue inside the SG, you might want to take the cover off and make sure everything is as it should be?

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

firerescueman

I would say take the cover off of the smoke generator and make sure that a wire or two didn't come off during shipping.   You just never know how that box was handled by the trucking company.   Excessive abuse during shipping could have knocked something loose.

Hope this helps.

Jeff
God has a sense of humor....  Don't believe me?  go to WalMart and just LOOK at people!

SoonerSteve

that's totally what it was. 

thanks for the help.  seasoning went great yesterday.  first smoking today.

FLBentRider

That's great!

Whatcha smokin' ?
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

SoonerSteve

pork ribs.  nice and slow.

West Coast Kansan

SoonerSteve, Welcome here and let us know how they turn out...  ;D

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)