Pork Roast seasoned

Started by beefmann, August 18, 2008, 02:10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beefmann

2 seasoned 6  3/4  + lb pork butt roasts total 13.8 lb after trimmed and seasoned.

planning to start a cold smoke tonight about  5 with maple for 3 hours then cook with a box temp of 180  over  night .. and then to 210 box temp till an  IT temp of 195. should be tasty and tender.

FLBentRider

I'm not sure I'd cold smoke pork that long without it being cured. I don't know where you are, but I can't keep the box temp under 150 this time of year anyway.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

westexasmoker

Those look great beefmann!  I'm with FL, I think I'd run the box at around 200-220 and still go overnight at that temp. But at least your using Mes....aw dang I saw the M and just figured, oh well!   ;D Good luck!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

beefmann

im in so calf and caaaant  keep it  under  150 either...  might  do a smoke of 2 hours and cook like  planned. this will be  my  first  long  smoke... most  have been 6 to 9 and  never over  night.. not  seeing any real  problems with over 300 hours of  smoke / smoking with the  bradley under my  belt. may  not be a lot  of  time  compared to  others in the forum though have a  lot  of  good  reviews  of up to 18 to 22  hours