A Stand To Raise Up My Smoker

Started by goomba, August 12, 2008, 04:06:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goomba

I do a lot of smoking and I just bought a black original Smoker. I just got home from Bass Pro and they had one on the floor and being a senior citizen I'm going to need a stand to raise it up.....any suggestions and I'm surprised Bradley doesn't sell one. I should get my smoker from Amazon this Thursday and I would like to find a 'stand" and be ready to fire it up Saturday morning......Would appreciate any assistance you Bradley 'Pros's' can suggest...

Thank you

Papa Mike

www.papamiket.com
Papa Mike

Wildcat

Welcome to the forum.  Some folks build their own stand/enclosure, some purchase inexpensive wheel carts, and some just buy a cheap fold out table.  I am in the latter bunch.  Keep us up to date on your experiences.  Your gonna love it here.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

westexasmoker

Welcome to the forum PapaM!

These guys are the best with their smoking knowledge, me well you'll figure that one out....something to do with mesquite!   ;D

The cat has got got ya going in the right direction, probably the easiest is to pick up a cart from wally world, kmart, or whatever store is in your neck of the woods!  I snagged a heavy duty metal cart from work they were gonna throw away, problem was good ole west texas wind tried to launch my smoker solved that with a couple of drilled holes and some motorcycle tie down straps.  Done some smokes in 60 mph wind without a problem, although not recommended!  :o

Once again welcome and keep us posted!

C

Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Smokin Soon

A cheap white plastic fold-up from your local Office Max or whatever works great! Nice workspace easy to clean. Puts your Bradley at just the right height. Does not look tacky.

goomba

Thanks guys you have all been a GREAT help....I'm of to Wally World!!

Papa Mike

www.papamiket.com
Papa Mike

Tenpoint5

I guess I'm alittle late to the party. I aint a senior yet but bad knees from work made me think I don't like hoisting this thing up on a table all the time so I found this feller at Menards and it works perfectly. When I'm done i just wheel it back to its spot in the garage. There is plenty of storage in the cabinet and on the slide out shelf. Sorry about the pic, Gustav made it to Iowa.

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

West Coast Kansan

Ahh, real trees.  No place like home.

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

rcger

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on September 04, 2008, 11:46:39 AM
I guess I'm alittle late to the party. I aint a senior yet but bad knees from work made me think I don't like hoisting this thing up on a table all the time so I found this feller at Menards and it works perfectly. When I'm done i just wheel it back to its spot in the garage. There is plenty of storage in the cabinet and on the slide out shelf. Sorry about the pic, Gustav made it to Iowa.

Hey Ten, 

That looks like a perfect cart.  I can't really tell what it was intended for though?  Is it a base for a tool box or what?  What department did you find it in?  I'm using a TV stand I bought from WalMart, but I don't think it's going to last to long.
There's room for all of God's critters right next to the mashed taters and gravy!

Tenpoint5

Quote from: rcger on September 06, 2008, 11:48:12 AM

Hey Ten, 

That looks like a perfect cart.  I can't really tell what it was intended for though?  Is it a base for a tool box or what?  What department did you find it in?  I'm using a TV stand I bought from WalMart, but I don't think it's going to last to long.

RCGER,
Your right its the bottom half of a tool box made by CLARKE. I just happen to find mine up front on special. If I remember right it was something like $189 on sale for $125. It is worth every penny. solid and well built I really like that the wheels lock. My driveway drops off at about a 45 degree angle at the back of the vehicles.
Dont wanna be chasing it down the street :D :D :D
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

rcger

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on September 07, 2008, 06:01:06 AM
Quote from: rcger on September 06, 2008, 11:48:12 AM

Hey Ten, 

RCGER,
Your right its the bottom half of a tool box made by CLARKE. I just happen to find mine up front on special. If I remember right it was something like $189 on sale for $125. It is worth every penny. solid and well built I really like that the wheels lock. My driveway drops off at about a 45 degree angle at the back of the vehicles.
Dont wanna be chasing it down the street :D :D :D

That what I thought it might be.  Thanks for confirming
There's room for all of God's critters right next to the mashed taters and gravy!