Which flavor of wood for pulled pork

Started by pullinpork, August 14, 2008, 07:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiny Tim

Mark me down for Apple.....for at least the next 5 butts, so I don't feel like I wasted money on the 120 of Apple.  Beef is Hickory and Turkey is Pecan in my world.

chrispy

Welcome,

Hickory (1)
Pecan (2)
Apple (3)

If you have come for advice, you will find no lack of it here!!!!!!
Good people, good recipes!!!!

Chrispy

pullinpork

Thank you all for the reponses. I think to be on the safe side I will buy a box of each flavor. This I will be covered for anything  ;D

La Quinta

deb415611

Quote from: Smoking Duck on August 15, 2008, 09:21:23 AM

However, LQ, good friend that she is, called me up and told me she missed me talking smack on the boards.  So, I figured I'd get on and try to make her laugh a little.

SD,

good to see you back,  nobody giggles quite like you :)

La Quinta

So...what's the deal with WTS and his thong???  ;D I'm certainly intrigued and thankful that Giggles brought it to the forum's attention!!!  :D I really missed ya Duck!!  :)

westexasmoker

Its not a thong.....maybe a loin (ya know tarzan) Oh poop maybe it is a thong...back to smokin!  (ya know that paints a picture I don't even want to see)  :o   ;D

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

FLBentRider

A Mesquite-scented thong ? It must drive the West Texas Girls nuts, eh ?
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Smoking Duck

Quote from: deb415611 on August 16, 2008, 07:48:56 AM
Quote from: Smoking Duck on August 15, 2008, 09:21:23 AM

However, LQ, good friend that she is, called me up and told me she missed me talking smack on the boards.  So, I figured I'd get on and try to make her laugh a little.

SD,

good to see you back,  nobody giggles quite like you :)

Thank you, Deb. It's been hard to giggle recently, but, I'll be danged if I'm gonna let it get me down much longer.  It sucks being depressed.  I hope I can keep making you Giggle.

Quote from: La Quinta on August 16, 2008, 07:21:38 PM
So...what's the deal with WTS and his thong???  ;D I'm certainly intrigued and thankful that Giggles brought it to the forum's attention!!!  :D I really missed ya Duck!!  :)

And I missed you as well, LQ.  I'm not sure what the deal is with WTS and the thong.  Me thinks the vapors from the mesquite wood are affecting him.  I actually think he wears the thong to keep the neighbors away from the house when he starts making some of those delicious looking briskets he's so good at.  I think that's gotta be it, because the alternative thought is just too ugly  :o ;D

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

La Quinta

Ya never know Giggles....he could be another "molten" man like you say you are  ??? Anyhoo...hickory rules for pulled pork... :)