Ribs and brisket together

Started by AFSmoker, August 18, 2008, 07:51:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFSmoker

Hello and thanks for reading and hopefully replying. I just got my OBS and so far smoked a boston butt and yesterday spareribs. Good results so far. My question is I want to smoke a brisket and spareribs now and is it acceptable to put them both in the smoker together or is this inadvisable? I'm thinking it's not a good idea but could you experts fill me in. Also I read in the manual not to put foil in the smoker, but i read of folk wrapping in foil all the time in the Bradley. Oh last thing I promise. Where can i order some of that Icemans sauce and rubs I always read about. Sorry if I'm posting ignorant questions but I really need help. Thanks a lot.

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum AFSmoker!

You can put them both in at the same time. The brisket is going to take alot longer. You can foil-wrap items in the Bradley, just don't put foil on the V-tray. A PM (private message) ((Use "My Messages" on the toolbar)) to ICEMan and he will hook you up.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

westexasmoker

Welcome aboard AFS! 

FL got ya hooked up to the Iceman!  Brisket and ribs can be done at the same time, and once again FL nailed it the brisket is gonna take a heck of alot longer...now I don't do very many pork ribs, mainly beef ribs, short or back ribs and they take about 6-8 hours.  With brisket your looking at least 14-20 hours of cook time or longer!  Foil in the BS, I think...and again I say think is OK to a point, once your smoke is done your basically in an oven.  I've done smoked baked taters, squash casserole and mac and cheese with foil, but these were already cooked and just puttin smoke to them!  And nope no ignorant questions here thats what these guys are here for......Oh yeah, use mesquite!   ;D

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

AFSmoker

Hey thanks for the quick and helpful replies. Got 'em both in there now with some hickory. Can't wait to try it out.

Habanero Smoker

AFSmoker;

Welcome to the forum.

In addition to FLB information, you should not fully cover any of the racks with foil. Always leave enough open space so that smoke and heat can freely circulate.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Wildcat

These guys have already got you hooked up.  Welcome to the forum and let us know how it turns out.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/