smoker lingo

Started by sibba, July 09, 2008, 08:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sibba

Howdy
So Cal redneck here.  Just scored my original BS.  $269 Amazon.com that included shipping.  Too cool.  I am seasoning it right now.  Been browsing through the forum.  Great stuff except I am not too hip to all the short cut lingo, obviously I figured out BS (all should know that ;).  I got IT (internal temp), just not sure what ftc or bfe or the many other ones mean that would make my browsing more enjoyable if you know what  mean.

Thanks and look forward to an enjoyable time with in this forum

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E to the forum sibba!

Quote from: sibba on July 09, 2008, 08:30:25 PM
Howdy
Great stuff except I am not too hip to all the short cut lingo, obviously I figured out BS (all should know that ;).  I got IT (internal temp), just not sure what ftc or bfe or the many other ones mean that would make my browsing more enjoyable if you know what  mean.

FTC - Foil Towel Cooler
A resting / staging method of wrapping the product in Foil, then and old Towel, and Place in a Cooler. This keeps the product hot and allows flexibility in serving times. Most plan to get the food done early, then use FTC to hold the product until serving time.

My definition of bfe won't make it past the content filter  ;)

We are working on an FAQ Section of the site.

Welcome again to the site.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

West Coast Kansan

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

La Quinta

Sibba...where are ya from in SoCal...? They're are a couple of us around...we do have a tendency to party a bit!!!

beefmann

welcome to the forum sibba..

im in socal as well... im in orange county
hope you  enjoy this forum as much as the rest  of  us

beef