venison

Started by bluerazor515, September 25, 2008, 07:49:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluerazor515

please ppl im new to cold smoking im looking for some venison recipes for salami/peperoni/snack sticks..
ive been smoking for about 5yrs under heat, but want to make a move towards cold smoking.. NEED SOME RECIPES :o TALK 2 ME PLZ :D

Gizmo

Here is the link to the recipe site and several sausage recipes including venison.

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=110

There are several people here that will be along shortly with a lot of great advice on sausage making.  I only have a few attempts under my belt and none with venison.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Tenpoint5

Blue this isnt cold smoked but it is darn good.

Deer or Steak  Snack Sticks Recipe

Deer or Steak Sticks - Ingredients:
• 1lb ground steak or ground deer
• 1 1/2 tsp salt or tenderizer if available (Morton's Tenderquick)(7½ tsp)
• 1 tsp of liquid smoke (5 tsp)
• 3/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper (3¾ tsp)
• 1/2 tsp mustard seed (2½ tsp)
• 1/2 tsp fennel seeds, slightly crushed (2½ tsp)
• 1/4 tsp anise seed (1¼ tsp)
• 1/4 tsp garlic powder (1¼ tsp)
• 1 box 1/16 casing

(   ) is for 5 lb recipe

Deer or Steak Sticks - Directions

If venison (deer meat), grind 1 lb of venison and 1/2 lb pork. Mix together well and combine all ingredients, mixing until thoroughly blended. Set mixture in bowl and cover. Refrigerate overnight. Get electric grinder or hand grinder with stuffing attachment and smallest stuffing tube. Set casing in warm water and let it soften. Slide casing onto nozzel of stuffer and twist end of casing. Start stuffing casing slowly until desired length is reached. Cut and twist the end. Bake or smoke sticks. If baking on broiler pan, then bake at 200 degrees for 3 to 4 hours with oven door slightly opened. If smoking, use hickory chips or saw dust in electric smoker or plain smoker and smoke 6 to 8 hrs at 200 degrees.

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

bluerazor515

:D ahhh u guys r great, ill try the snack sticks after my jerky is done. then try soome of the recipes u just guided me too. thanx alot ill post in a few 2 let u know how i made out... thanx again 8)