Mr. Bradley, Generators and the Oldman

Started by Oldman, December 13, 2004, 11:53:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Gents and Ladies,

My last posting concerning the smoke generator has been deleted per my request. Why? It was wrong.  I was frustrated that even after Chez tested this unit before it was shipped that  it stopped working. Why?  It was a gift to a very special family member who in the 80's when I was poorer than a Church Mouse would come to Florida and take my family to Bush Gardens and to places to eat we could only dream about at that time.

Well things turn.  Today I'm no longer poor, However, "Bub" now  has serious Parkinson disease–to the point that while he can move, talking is almost impossible.

His wife Betsy and I talk right after he got the unit.  She was "alive" cause he was so excited.  It is a gift that gave him more than just time to sit there looking at the damn TV.  She said, "I get E-mails all day long from Bub  at work about this type of food or that–all that can be smoked."

For 30 years Bub worked the trades.  If something was broken he would find a way to make it work.  I've told Bud to break down the old unit and to see what is wrong.  I'm not sure with his hands  today,  if he can he can find the  fix.  But I know he will  try.

Now on to Mr. Bradley.  He has not only senting a  2nd day air  replacement, but also their cook book to express his regret concerning this problem.  There are three things I know about Mr. Bradley. One, he makes one hellva smoker. Two, he stands behind his product.  Three he read my E-mail and addressed it with God's Speed.

Not much more to say. I hope those who know me will understand and forgive my hard words in the first posting concerning this matter.  You would think that at the age of almost 55 I would not allow some small item to get to me.  Perhaps if there is an excuse it is I'm reminded of my family and the love they have always shown especially when I was down/ out and butt naked poor.

Olds

http://rminor.com

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

BigSmoker

Olds,
I hope your friend can find the enjoyment we all have with his smoker.  Its sometimes hard(regardless of age) to contain emotions when we so want things to work and work out perfectly.  I think he has a great friend who cares about him and his family a whole lot. Thanks for the post.  Happy Smokin[:D].

Jeff
www.bbqshopping.com
Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

olds, i am glad mr bradley took care of the problems, and as far as getting mad its your right to, you have eraned the right to speak your mind , just three things to remember when getting old, #1 never trust a fart, #2 never pass up a bathroom and #3 never turn down a piece of A$$ , that is what my grandfather always told me.

MallardWacker

When it comes to smokers, Mr.<s>[}:)]<font color="red">Cookshack</font id="red">[}:)]</s> is no Mr. Bradley.  I have NEVER heard anything like this on their forum, not even close.  Great to hear, AND Olds make sure you tell us about his first smoke.  Love to hear....

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">When it comes to smokers, Mr.Cookshack is no Mr. Bradley<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

You guys are not going to believe this. Mr. Bradley sent the replacement unit next day air~~! I wrote to them Sunday, it came today--Tuesday,

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">AND Olds make sure you tell us about his first smoke. Love to hear....<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Well I don't know what his next piece of smoke will be, but he wrote to me that he took just an ole junkie piece of beef and it turned out wonderful. It came out tender, great flavor, and was as good in quality as any sirlon!  I talked with Betsy and she just raved about the end product. She said several times it was just a cheap piece of meat to begin with.

Bub wrote and asked me about a ham, and how big did I think he could smoke. I told him about my 21 pounder. I got a feeling that is his next project.

Life is good when it all comes together...

http://rminor.com

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

MallardWacker

For some reason Olds I think he WIL BE doing ham~~ala~T-Shirt...

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...