Commercial Hams

Started by Ian, December 14, 2004, 08:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian

Good Afternoon Folks;
Does anyone know where I could purchase a top quality Commercially done HAM in Buffalo N.Y., either at a Topps or a Wegman's per say? If so what would the brand name be? Thanx in advance.[8D]

Ian <b>( GO STEELERS!!!!!!)</b>

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

IAN,  how come you are looking for a commercially ham? do that puppy your self follow old t-shirt method will be the best ham ever, if you dont have the time try cabelas for something like that , you will pay out the A$$ for it, http://www.bradleysmoker.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=702

Ian

Good morning Smokehouse Rob, yes once again in a hurry and worded it wrong. Anyhow I should of said, where can one pick up  a top shelf commercially smoked ham. As a friend of mine, will be over in Buffalo between christmas and new years picking up his daughter who is flying in from Houston. Apparently while visiting her they had a chance to taste some ham that was purchased down there, and they  seemed to think it was much a better product then what could be purchased here. As for myself, I usually buy my meats through a local packer house and as such on occassion have done hams from scratch ( all be it quickie's 2 weeks). Personally I don't really care for ham, although I believe pork fat rules for sure. The wife loves them though. So after reading Dow's thread on double smoked hams I'm going to see if he can get two nice ones, and I'm assuming "Hamilton" is a good product. Then I will do one up for each of us.[;)][8D]

Ian <b>( GO STEELERS!!!!)</b>