Just got my smoker quick question??

Started by deadeye, December 15, 2004, 12:24:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadeye

Hey guys I just got my smoker and I am smoking it as we speak.  Since I do not have the bubba pucks, How many pucks will actually burn. It says put in between 4 and 6 so I put in 6 is that all I need to do. Of course I filled the bowl up half full of water like it said.

Thanks again guys

Derek Canada

Fuzzybear

Hey Deadeye!

If you put in 6, only 4 will smoke - the advancer will leave two on the plate - the bubba pucks are meant to be used so that the two bubba pucks will remain and you will get all 6 wood pucks used.  In total, you actually load 6 pucks and two bubba pucks to burn 6 wood pucks....

"A mans got to know his limitations"
Chattaroy, WA - USA!

deadeye

Thanks Fuzzybear!!!!!!!!! Any ideas on what I should cook 1st this weekend?? Was thinking about doing some chicken and some smoked oysters as appetizers!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again

Derek Canada

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

hey deadeye, do up some chicken because if you are doing oysters for an appetizers ,you dont want to have a full belly when the after affects of the oysters kick in, [:D]

MallardWacker

DE,

If you are doing a long smoke 5-8hrs, the second to the last puck will eventually smoke also, the one in front starts it, and even at 8hrs the major part of the last puck is spent also.  I personally never use more than 12 pucks for what ever I do. I have been very please with that amount of smoke when it comes to beef, chicken or pork.

Easies first smoke wold be a butt or chicken for sure.

Welcome to the forum and have fun...

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...