Confused!

Started by Memquisit, August 27, 2008, 01:38:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Memquisit

This has not been a good day.  I was going to season my new smoker today, but it has rained.  The first rain we've had in weeks!  Anyway, I was going over the parts of the smoker to familiarize myself with them and at the same time looking at the manual.  I noticed there were 2 electrical cords.  That in itself is not confusing to me. However, when I read the directions I became confused.

They state..."Plug the short jumper cord from the smoke generator into the smoker tower."  No problem.

Then further down it says..."Plug the longer cord from the smoke tower into an approved grounded electrical outlet."

Now I have a problem because there is only one receptical on the back of the tower.  If I plug the short cord from the smoke generator into that, then what do I do with the longer cord?  There is no place to plug that into the smoke tower to lead to an outlet.

There are 2 recepticals in the back of the smoke generator, so I'm thinking maybe the longer cord should be pluged into one of those.  It wouldn't be hard to figure out which cord goes where, IF that is the case.

Is it safe for me to assume that there is an error in the manual and the longer cord is to be plugged into the smoke generator and not the smoke tower?

easyridinole

I know on my four rack digital, the power cord goes from the smoke generator to the outlet and I have two jumper cords that go between the two.

Hope this help's,

Ole
Most people hate the taste of beer - to begin with. It is, however, a prejudice that many people have been able to overcome.     -WINSTON CHURCHILL-

Habanero Smoker

You hooked up the short cord correctly. The female end of the longer cord get plugged into the back of the generator, and the male end of that cord gets plugged into an outlet.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Memquisit

Thanks guys.

I know it seems like a trivial matter, but when it comes to electricity I'd rather be on the safe side.

Habanero Smoker

It's not a trivial question at all. Better safe than sorry.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

La Quinta

Hey Mem...Welcome...I called Bradley and thought I was an idiot...the directions didn't make sense... :) Plug the sucker in as it makes sense...they told me there was an error in the manual. Go smoke man... ;D

Memquisit

LaQuinta, thanks.  I figured as much but I just wanted some reassurance.We've had a very dry summer, but just as I was wanting to use my new smoker, the rains came...thanks to Fay.We will have rain the next 2 days so it looks like Saturday will be THE BIG DAY!Although new to electric smokers, I have been using a charcoal smoker the last few years.  I have had some great success with it, especially in doing ribs, briskets, and smoking steelhead.  I have learned alot about smoking from a friend in Memphis, TN.  In my mind there are many questions about using the Bradley, but I'll get to those as the need arises.  I feel very comfortable bringing up issues on this forum because, like you, so many are eager to help.