An Interesting Day Today Should Be

Started by Oldman, August 28, 2008, 01:00:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

I'm going to a conference that the FBI is hosting today. One of speakers is "Comrade J" formally a Master KGB Spy~~! Author of "The Untold Secrets of Russia's Master Spy in America." This ought to be interesting.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

manxman

QuoteThis ought to be interesting.

Bet it will be very interesting
Manxman

Habanero Smoker

Yes! This does sound like it will be interesting.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

car54

Olds,
It sounds like it could be extremely interesting. I wish I could hear his talk.

Brad

Oldman

I am the FSO (Facility Security Officer for our company-- we are a cleared facility with the DoD--Department of Defense.)

I can only say at this point that America is in some really deep chit. I will contact my DSS Investigating Officer that I directly report to, to see if I can share more here with my American Brothers.

I came away from this meeting stunned that this information is not public knowledge.

America IMO needs to know where we really stand.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

La Quinta

Unfortunately, I can imagine...you are quite right. A little...no...a lot scary.

Gizmo

Wouldn't surprise me if they still pull out the video, "Secrets of the Red Bedroom".
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

HCT

Olds, Sounds interesting. Boy you hit the nail right on the head with America being in deep chit, and the threat isn't only from the outsiders.
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

Wildcat

Olds - I think you will find they say no.  My guess would be that they will not chance any information getting out that could provide a clue to identies.  You would be surprised at how little it takes.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Oldman

Wildcat I was told I could share this much:

First, everyone much understand that about 60-70% of large companies run on Microsoft. With the percentage going higher for small business.

Microsoft went after counterfeiters in China. But the Government would not help them until it got the source code for Microsoft. As the agent that was giving this part of the presentation said... and we all know there is a back door to Windows. BTW the Russia also got the source code by not allow Microsoft to sell its products there until they did.

As far as the counterfeiting went, when they shut them down that company was employing 200,000 people. 200,000 <-- this is not a typo!

One other thing that was interesting is they took a person's real E-mail address and within 15 minutes they had the following information:
Full Name
Current Address
Phone number(s)
Credit card number(s)
PIN numbers
Mother's maiden name
Several Passwords.
Saving and checking account numbers.

They also told about this kid they busted for hacking. They turned him over to the police who turn him back over to this folks. They also took his 5 systems. Somehow that afternoon this kid downloads 2 hot credit cards. Orders from Dell 5 new systems and has them overnighted to his house. It was not long after that when he took down one of the main pages of the FBI and it took them 2 days to restore it.

They talked about a lot of things, but one that sticks in my mind is this one. A hacker in China told this FBI agent that in America our kids are playing with iPods, smokin' grass. In his country their 12 year olds were learning computer code and languages.

I came out of that meeting with a clearer understanding that there is some really scary chit happening.

EDIT the FBI Officer that gave this part of the meeting has had his personal bank accounts wiped out twice by hackers.  He got his money back from the bank, but still that is got to be no fun.

EDIT EDIT There are now more Chinese that speak English than there are Americans that do!

Kummok

Any word on how Macs are doing through all this, Olds??

Oldman

Quote from: Kummok on September 05, 2008, 02:09:32 PM
Any word on how Macs are doing through all this, Olds??
I did not hear anything about Macs. But I bet ya a dollar to a dime that if the world was to change over to Mac based servers that it would only be a day or to before it would be at rest as well.

Kummok

Lots of wisdom in that, Olds! I like Mac for many reasons, but its smaller piece of the eWorld pie DOES let me fly below the radar with hackers! Personally, I still keep non-digital "stuff" that will work when digital warfare cranks up to full speed and disables the digital world. (Another good reason for the OBS!  ;) ;) )