15 lb Top Surloin roast

Started by beefmann, August 29, 2008, 07:27:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beefmann

hey all

bought a 15 lb top surloin roast and it is going into the smoker tonight.

in the package

better shot

out of the packaage and trimmed

covered in minced garlic

covered in a beefmann rubb.

the garlic coating was on over  night and the rub will be on for  12 hours befor it goes into the smoker. the plan is to smoke for 2 hours alternating between hickory and misquete staarting about  5 tonight and then on to cooking at 200 till an it of 190. from a FTC untill dinner saturday... saturday morning make some  garlic  mashed potatoes and  corn on the  cobb for  family and friends.

will provide more pictures when the beast comes out of the smoker

thil then smoke on

Beefman

bflosmoke

Wow
I bet thats going to be great! Did I read the price right as being under $40 bucks?

beefmann

Bufflo,

Yes you  did, if you  have a vons clib card and yes i have one .. couldent turn down that deal especially when labor day is this weekend and planning a picnic with it, my family to have some on monday and another friend a few miles away from me  getting   some.

and it will baarley fit on a OBS tray.. might  have to be on the second or third tier down from the top just to get  it in still enough room to do corn on the cobb....

my first time doing a single piece of meat at 15 lbs.. has done more weight though never a  single  piece  at 15 lbs
gonna  go somewhat  slow and cook it at 190 over  night and go from there

beef

westexasmoker

Thats a beauty beefmann, can't wait to see the end results!!  I'm drooling already!  ;D

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Consiglieri

What time's dinner and what can I bring? 
Consiglieri

bflosmoke

I know what you guys meen. I just caught the dog licking my computer screen

beefmann

40 minute standing ready to be put into the smoker

in the smoker  @ 5:00 pm local and  started smoking for 2 hours .. after smoke start cooking at 190 - 200 over night then check IT and bump to 220  box temp to an IT of 185-190

any  opinions any  one

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

westexasmoker

Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

beefmann

easier clean up ... less messy..

have tried it with and with out the foil and  I am unable to tell the difference on taste

Habanero Smoker

Why are you taking top loin to such a high temperature? Is your end goal pulled beef?

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

FLBentRider

I'm with Habs, I wouldn't take it to more than 140 - we like Rare.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

beefmann

habs,

yes part of it  will be pulled beef... the rest will be sliced  into pieces for sandwiches and  easier to handle

as of 6 am this morning after 11 hours of  cook time + 2 hours of  smoke its at 150 small change of IT am looking at 170 to 180 to see how it  goes

beef