Just finished smoking my smoker question?

Started by deadeye, December 15, 2004, 02:22:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadeye

I just turned off my smoker and took everything out,racks,bowl,vent hood. I cleaned it the best I could and I am putting it in the dishwasher. My question was on the feeder tube inside on the part that burns it has some black residue on it and I could not get it off. I guess it was on the heating tray but it was also on the flat part right before the heating part. Also since I was just braking in my smoker should I live the residue in the smoker this time since I was seasoning it??? ALso what about next time I smoke should I clean the entire thing out and get off all the residue off?? My kinda looks gold right, I used apple chips to season it.

Thanks for all your help

Derek

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

never clean the inside just adds flavor, only thing you didnt do was take a rag and wipe down the door seal after each smoke, i take off the smoke genarator and blow out the saw dust and find your self a small brass wire brush to scrub the black stuff next to the puck burner, spray your racks  and the V drip pan with pam before you load the racks  it will help with clean up,

deadeye

Smokehouse thanks for the info I just wiped down the door seal and tomorrow I will buy me a brass wire brush. Thanks for the info. Smells good inside there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Derek

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

well deadeye you have just been bitten with smoke fever, so what are you smoking next? i have to smoke 3 briskets thursday night for a lunch on friday at work and then sat smoke some lox and then on sunday i have to do 2 big t-shirt hams so they can rest till xmas.