Have not purchased yet

Started by schneep, September 09, 2008, 10:19:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gizmo

Atomic Buffalo Turds,
Jalapeno pepper stuffed with cream cheese, a dash of seasoning and usually some favorite sausage then wrapped in bacon and smoked.  Check the link below my post for the recipe site and explore a lot of great recipes.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

schneep

All set to go, one pork butt is resting in the frig after being rubbed down with a neat concoction and wrapped.  After work tommorrow I'll take it out to raise it's temp a little, then in the Bradly it goes.  It will be hard not to keep opening the door to look, but I promise I won't ( well maybe once) ;) If everything goes right, (190-195 internal temp) come Sunday morning early it should be ready or close to it to come out and then I will FTC it for a couple hours before pulling it and mixin in the sauce. 
It's about 8.5 pounds so I hope I'm on the right wavelength here.  I will take some pics along the way, but will need some help posting them.

Wish me luck!!
Retirement, Everyday's a Holiday, and every night's a Saturday night!!

La Quinta

You go schneep!!! You're gonna be happy!!!  ;D

FLBentRider

Quote from: schneep on September 19, 2008, 09:23:32 PM
I will take some pics along the way, but will need some help posting them.

Good Luck with the butt. I put two in last night.
For posting pictures, take a look at this thread - http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showpost.php?p=768&postcount=11
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Oldman

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

schneep

Ok, it's all started, but need a couple answers, what rack do you use if only doing 1 pork butt, its a 8 pounder so I used the second rack from the top, and how open should the top vent be?

FLBentRider

It really does not matter which rack. Don't forget to rotate that 1 rack front-to-back. The bradley is hotter in the back of the unit.

Keep the vent at least 1/2 open.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

westexasmoker

Well I'm the oddball of the group....something about the mesquite thing, but if I'm using one rack for a brisket or pork, yep top one or the next. I run my vent wide open for everything!  Once again I'm the oddball!   ;D

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

La Quinta

schneep

Ran it for 4 hours of smoke with the vent between 1/4 and 1/2 open, opened up and re-did the water pan with apple juice and water, sprayed it down with juice and took a picture and it was lookin real good.  Now its just running at a steady 200* with the vent mostly closed and it sure smells good!!  Can't even sleep because I can't wait for morning!! ;D

Consiglieri

Good luck, buddy, you're going to be proud. 

If you wake up in the morning and the temp is stalled somewhere between 155 and 165 for a couple of hours, that's expected.  It's like that junior high experiment where you graph out melting point and boiling point of water.  That plateau is magic happening.   ;)

Looking forward to the pictures and the debrief.  Cheers in advance. 
Consiglieri

schneep

You are "spot on" just checked and IT is 163* and it sure is lookin fine and the aroma is to die for!!!

Been in for 13 hours at this point!! :)

beefmann

Schneep

sounds like your well on  your  way with all the good adivce and a great cooking  experance... your pacitence is well on its way  in paying off

Beefmann

schneep

Well, here are the results, providing I did the pics correct.

Everything turned out great!!

Thanks to all for the help and encouragement!!!! ;) ;) ;)

18 hours total, removed with 180* IT :) :) :) :)

Arcs_n_Sparks

schneep,

Very nice. Love the reentry vehicle look....   8) 8) 8)

Arcs_n_Sparks