Smokin' Habaneros

Started by caustic casey, September 10, 2008, 08:12:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

caustic casey

Before the smoke!

And after-- FIREHOUSE

A good year--- just a sample!!!

westexasmoker

Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Tenpoint5

Very nice indeed !!! I noticed your another one to run with the V plate inverted.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

westexasmoker

I noticed that also, I must ask why?

C

caustic casey

Tenpoint5

Quote from: caustic casey on September 10, 2008, 08:53:51 AM
Because I'm retarded?? ;D

LMAO I would have at least said it was for better smoke dispersal or something !!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

westexasmoker

Well I figured there had to be a reason!  ::)

C

pensrock

Those look great. I smoke mine also but they do not get as dark as yours did, how long did you smoke them?

This year I have Bhuts, Nagas, Devils Tounge, Chocolate Habs, Orange Habs, Thai, Cayenne, Jalepenos, Pobalnos and Hot Wax. Yea... I got a little carried away this year.  ;) ;D Some I only have one or two plants like the Bhuts and Nagas, after all they are so hot you do not need much to kick up a dish.  :D
Most will get smoke then dried and ground into powders. Others will be made into chipotles, ABT's or ADT's. I'm not quite ready to harvest most of mine yet they are just now getting ripe.

caustic casey

This year I did Caribbean Red Habs, Orange Habs, Serrano, Thai, Cayenne, tabasco, AND if anyone can identify the large red peppers in this video, I would appreciate it!!
They must have been mislabelled @ the nursery
I smoked the peppers for about 4 hours @ 175 degrees....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEkD2JNxppc

Enjoy!

caustic casey

Quote from: pensrock on September 10, 2008, 09:40:00 AM
Those look great. I smoke mine also but they do not get as dark as yours did, how long did you smoke them?

This year I have Bhuts, Nagas, Devils Tounge, Chocolate Habs, Orange Habs, Thai, Cayenne, Jalepenos, Pobalnos and Hot Wax. Yea... I got a little carried away this year.  ;) ;D Some I only have one or two plants like the Bhuts and Nagas, after all they are so hot you do not need much to kick up a dish.  :D
Most will get smoke then dried and ground into powders. Others will be made into chipotles, ABT's or ADT's. I'm not quite ready to harvest most of mine yet they are just now getting ripe.

I tried to get Bhut's this year but got screwed by some guy on craigslist.  If anyone has a connection for next year I would GREATLY appreciate.......

Thanks!

pensrock

I went out and picked a few ripe peppers to add to this post.

This shows: Orange habs, one chocolate hab, Nagas, Devils tounge, Pobalonos, cayanne, chili (I think, when planted these were supposed to be cayenne), jalapeno and thai. The two bigger red peppers not in the basket are sweet peppers and I do not remember the names of the smaller ones not in the baskets. Getting old s*cks!

Nagas - upper left. The yellow one at the upper mid is the Devils Tounge. Bottom left - regular habs next to them is one small chocolate hab. Then mid center are two small thai peppers with jalapenos in the very middle. Right side are cayenne.

pensrock

I only got one Bhut plant but if I get some xtra seeds your welcome to them. A friend gave me the plant I can try to find out where he got his seeds if you like.

The big red peppers in your photo look like the big ones I got in my photo that were supposed to be cayenes. I think they are a chili pepper, could be a super cayenne though. I just picked them and have not had a chance to eat one yet. I would think you could get a pretty good idea by taste. A chili tastes different than a cayenne, they could also be an itialian sweet pepper like the ones in my photo that are not in the baskets.

I know I can fix you up with some Naga seeds, they are supposed to be 900,000+ scoviles and the Bhuts are 1,000,000+. Whats 100,000 scoviles when you are talking that HOT!  ;D

caustic casey

Awesome dude, I will def. stay in touch!!  Nice product!!!!!
And yes, those peppers are exactly the same- and they were labelled "super cayenne".
I gotta say they are not as near as hot as regular cayennes - but what a yield!
I'll post some pics of them still on the vine...

pensrock

I just noticed something...... in the one picture of yours that shows the whole assortment of peppers, whats the glass of ice water for?  ::) ;D ;D

It would take another pepperhead to notice something like that.  ;D

caustic casey

That's a Vodka And Tonic!!!