Cleaning

Started by Mbrott, October 12, 2008, 12:34:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mbrott

Obviously, after everytime I smoke a batch, I clean the drip pan, water pan and racks. 

Should I be cleaning the inside walls????  With What???  How Often???

Mbrott

Mr Walleye

Welcome to the forum Mbrott.

The walls really don't need to be cleaned unless you get some flaking of the seasoning coming off and even then you just give it a dry scrub to knock the loose stuff off. The only other time you would clean the walls would be if you got a bunch of grease on them somehow, personally I have never had that happen. The inside of the smoker just keeps gettin' blacker!  ;)

The only thing I would add to your cleaning ritual would be to wipe down the door seal and the mating surface after each smoke. If you don't the door seal can stick pretty good to the cabinet.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Wildcat

Welcome to the forum.  You may also want to take the vent off and clean after a few smokes so that it will open and close easily.  Also shake out and blow off any sawdust from the smoke generator and possibly scape off any build up on the puck burner plate.  the Bradley is really a low maintenance machine.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

beefmann

mbrott

the basic  cleaning you  hit on  the head...the racks v tray and bowl should be cleaned after  each use..

one thing you  may want to try is get a  tub just bigger then the v tray.. and racks.. then place boththe  v tray , racks and bowl in the tub add a  little  soap and then  fill with water to cover all the  trays and racks... let soak over night ,,, then  clean...

the tub should measure about 18 inch  long...15 inch wide and about  8 inches deep... ( measurements are miniumn size though i  wouldent go  much  bigger )

what use to take me 30 to   60 minutes to  clean .. now  takes me  less then 10 for  4 racks, v tray and bowl after an over night  soak

good luck and  welcome to the forum

p171959

Mine seem to clean up fine in the dishwasher :)

Mbrott

Thanks....we have been soaking the racks and drip pan since the start.  We clean the magnetic strip also and try to get rid of everything that is loose.

My brother and family came over last night and were speachless after eating the brisket and pulled porkl.   

It is so much fun....Only problem is that I eat to much while cutting and pulling.!!!!

MBrott