Smoke Generator

Started by squiddley, September 12, 2008, 11:17:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squiddley

I just received my new Bradley smoker today havent tried smoking anything with it yet, gonna do that on Sunday but plugged it in in the house just to see how the display looked and turned the heat part of it on everything seemed okay there but when I went to turn on the smoke generator I noticed nothing lights up telling me it is on, should there be something on the display telling me the smoke generator is on, I did not have any bisquettes in the feeder tube but figured that this should not matter, I hit the wood button 3 times and nothing happned, do I have to have bisquettes in the feeder tube for the smoke generator to light up and advance or will it advance without any pucks in there. I beginning to think part of this isnt working right...any help anyone?
Thanks
Sid

squiddley

Never mind the stupid question I just asked as I just figured out what the problem was I also wasnt pushing the smoke generator button hard enough pushed it a bit harder and it fired right up...

squiddley

Now to get smoking on Sunday YUM YUM cant wait to try it out...

Habanero Smoker

Hi Squiddley;
Welcome to the forum.

That's a frequent problem that a lot of new users run into. We will just blame poor engineering on Bradley's part. :)

You may want to check out;
Bradley Smoker FAQ's

And the rest of the recipe site;
Recipe Site

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum squiddley!

Habs has you all set. Don't forget to season it first.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

iceman

Welcome squiddley. Your in for some fun now. Keep us posted on your projects with the smoker.

Mr Walleye

Squiddley, welcome to the forum. How did your first smoke go?

I see your from Saskatchewan, whereabouts? I'm from Moose Jaw. I just wanted to welcome a fellow SK boy!  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

beefmann

welcome to the forum Squiddley,

if you have any other  problems  there many of us that  can  guide you  in the  right  directions