looking for input and wow what i made

Started by armpower, October 05, 2008, 08:46:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armpower

good morning everyone.    it has been awhile since i have been here,  but that doesnt mean i havent been smoking!!

i made a corned beef yesterday  just one of those preseasoned 4lb corned beefs that are ready to cook.   smoked at 200 for about 8 hrs  with hickory and alder, about 3hrs of smoke.

it is rediculous how good it is.  WOW!! 

does  anyone have a recipie for corned venison?

thanks hope everyone is having a good weekend

Luke

stillsmoking

I love corned beef and never thought about putting it in the smoker.  Did you cook the corned beef in water with all the fixings after smoking or just eat it right out of the smoker? Did you rinse the corned beef off first to reduce some of the saltiness/brine?  Sounds great, thanks for the idea!

armpower

i just pulled it out of the package put a little fresh ground black pepper (just a little) on it and put it in the smoker.   when done i was at a masonic function and the wife was nice enough to take it out at 170 it foil it for me till i got home.   cut a piece off and WOW.   i am going to borrow a meat slicer today from a friend and slice it thin.

Habanero Smoker

You could use this recipe, to keep it as corned beef don't apply the rub.

jhurlbur's Pastrami Recipe

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

stillsmoking

Thanks for the info armpower!  We will be trying this soon.  I'm thinking some sliced onions on top of the corned beef couldn't hurt anything, maybe some carrots and potatoes, I think you see where I'm going.

smokeitall

Quote from: armpower on October 05, 2008, 08:46:33 AM
good morning everyone.    it has been awhile since i have been here,  but that doesnt mean i havent been smoking!!

i made a corned beef yesterday  just one of those preseasoned 4lb corned beefs that are ready to cook.   smoked at 200 for about 8 hrs  with hickory and alder, about 3hrs of smoke.

it is rediculous how good it is.  WOW!! 

does  anyone have a recipie for corned venison?

thanks hope everyone is having a good weekend

Luke

I have a recipe for corned venison.  It was published in the Missouri Conservation magazine last year and I tried it and WOW it was excellent.  I am going to be on the road for another week but I will post it when I get back home.  Beautiful day up here in Minnesota today, gotta love those fall days. :)

armpower

thanks for the input guys.    i will look forward to trying the recipies and letting you know how they work.  going to go after antelope this weekend and most likley jump some ponds for ducks as well.    lots of things to smoke!!!   boy i love fall.