Not a Reveo but...........

Started by LilSmoker, October 17, 2008, 02:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LilSmoker

Does anybody know if this is any good, or a waste of money? ???

http://www.cucinadirect.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product1_18551_-1_46641_11053?gcid=S31401x015-marinator&keyword=food%20marinator&cm_mmc=PPC-_-Google-_-High_Speed_Marinatori-_-food%20marinator

Atm we can't get the Reveo on this side of the pond although there has been talk of a European version, nothing as of yet, so i thought this might be a reasonable substitute?

Advice welcomed

Thanks LilSmoker
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

beefmann

dont know about that  unit ... it  looks to be  close to the  same  size...one thought is that does it  pull a  vaccume like the  Revo?...

i would take a close look at both  units and main points on both..

with the revo it can pull a  vaccume, and programmable time from 2 minutes to 20 minutes... can say that about the other unit...

good  luck
Beefmann

Habanero Smoker

On this side of the pond a company by the name of Thane sells them. I believe the only differnce is that you have to manually hand vacuum it, and you may have to reset the timing cycle.

Low Tech Reveo

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

LilSmoker

Thanks guys, i was thinking maybe i could use my foodsaver with the hose to vacuum instead of the manual pump, might be a plan?

.... LS

Gizmo

Quote from: LilSmoker on October 18, 2008, 06:02:25 AM
Thanks guys, i was thinking maybe i could use my foodsaver with the hose to vacuum instead of the manual pump, might be a plan?

.... LS

I use the Food Saver and canisters on the rare occasion that I decide to marinate somthing last minute, but then I don't do marinated food enough to justify the cost of another appliance or loss of space.

If possible you might want to check out the actual volume that the manual pump would create compared to the Food Saver.  It may be possible that the Food Saver would pull too much vacuum for what the plastic canister can handle and it could crack.  If memory serves me, when we bought our first Food Saver (back in the day when the first came out), they used a hospital grade vacuum pump and it was capable of pulling 25 in-hg of vacuum.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

beefmann

La Quinta

Giz...you don't marinate meats? Man...I do...especially pork, beef, and chicken...sometimes seafood...I am a freak about it...even just a normal Joe steak...but...maybe I'm a freak?  ???

LilSmoker

Thanks for the heads up Giz, i never thought about that to be honest, and that drum doesn't look like it's been made with very thick walls.  ;)

Maybe for now i'll get some larger foodsaver canisters, until a 240 volt Reveo appears

Thanks........LS.........