Beefmann pork loin

Started by beefmann, October 23, 2008, 07:57:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beefmann

Hello all,

here is the biginning of my  first  go at 20 lbs of pork loin and hope that it  comes out as planned im sure that it  will

covered in olive oil and crushed garlic

then covered in a beefmann rub and sat in the  fridge for 18 hours

on the  racks prior to going  into the smoker as the smoker generator  heats up

in the smoker andstarting the  smoking  process,

at about  9 30 am am going to start  the cooking  process and rotate top to bottom and front to back every hour  or  so untill a IT  of 165 .. like mine on the  more done  side

more to  come when done

Smokin Soon

Lookin good Beef, jus how many folks are ya feedin?

beefmann

last pic of pork loin right out of the  smoker

very  good  looking and tasting as well

Smokin soon it was a gathering of 15 or so people for a  big customer  of mine .. and was a potluck early dinner. to say  the least it was a big hit .. out  of the 20 lbs I had done there was some held back for my  family...  glad I  did .. there was none left and people  were  asking  me where i got the  meat and who cooked it.

westexasmoker

Very nice indeed!  Great job beef!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Consiglieri

Shouldn't have looked so close to lunch.  Looks great!
Consiglieri

hillbillysmoker

Nice job. Thanks for sharing.
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Tenpoint5

Kinda makes ya ponder "How can I make this a catering gig?" Don't it.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

beefmann

10 5...

it  is  simple... larger  smoker.. maybe a couple smokers  that  can handle 350 to 500 lbs at a  time...smoker generator,, etc and a  good  place to get the  volume of  meat of is  necessaary i  say  go  for  it .. I would if  i hade the  funds ... opens  wallet and blows in it...  out  comes  dust... See ! ! !

Tenpoint5

Quote from: beefmann on October 26, 2008, 07:44:38 PM
10 5...

it  is  simple... larger  smoker.. maybe a couple smokers  that  can handle 350 to 500 lbs at a  time...smoker generator,, etc and a  good  place to get the  volume of  meat of is  necessaary i  say  go  for  it .. I would if  i hade the  funds ... opens  wallet and blows in it...  out  comes  dust... See ! ! !

Beefman, I feel your pain in the wallet. Been cut back to 36 hours a week since mid August loosing $800 a month and things aint supposed to start picking up until mid to late December. Just that when you get all the compliments. You ask yourself I wonder if I had the money and the guts to break out and do this, would it work?

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

beefmann

10 5

yeah I  know the feeling and know how cutbacks feel working for other  companies .. it does have its benifits, I  myself am selfemployed as an Electrical  contractor and love working  for my-self for the last 11 years even  with all the up and  downs...

the hardest thing to do is plan all the  right moves.. if you  aaare  wanting to try a catering  business .. I  would start doing it on the  weekends .. a saturday or  sunday birthday party... or BBQ and plan the  compleat meals from the meat. bread  or rolls, maybe  corn on th  cobb.. and drinks...start  with somethind  simple .. like a  pork roast and figure maaybe 1/4  to 1/2 lb per person.

do some  research on cost of the  meat, rolls, etc...then your  time .. and you  can  come up  with a  price as what to  charge
starting part time is the way to go and  build your  customer base and befor you  know it  you  can  quite your  regular job ..  just be  prepared for  slow  times and  change with the  seasons.

like smoking  services for  thanksgiving  turkeys... hams for  easter...and other holidays

Tenpoint5

I do do some special jobs on the side, but living in a town of 2000 people. Quiting my day job ain't an option. I wasn't trying to say that I wanted to do it. Just saying its a thought that occasionally goes through the mind when you get a ton of compliments after smoking something and it turns out right.

beefmann

that is a small town.... do you  know  everyone on a first name basis? .. Yes i  know the feeling  of  receiving good complements for
good cooking and it makes you  wonder if you  should do more with it,, I have even had a few  people say  that  I  should think of  opening my  own BBQ Restaurant...

FLBentRider

Quote from: beefmann on October 27, 2008, 07:02:15 AM
that is a small town.... do you  know  everyone on a first name basis? .. Yes i  know the feeling  of  receiving good complements for
good cooking and it makes you  wonder if you  should do more with it,, I have even had a few  people say  that  I  should think of  opening my  own BBQ Restaurant...
I've had the same thought, resisted the businuss side since then hobby becomes work...
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

beefmann

FLB,

if you love your hobbie then you get  paid for  having  fun.....  looks around  ... did I  say that

guess i  did

Smokin Soon

Her I go again with my shameless plugs, but I love the stuff from here for loins and other stuff as well.
http://www.cajuninjector.com/