Cold Smoking add-on unit from Bradley

Started by Tiny Tim, October 24, 2008, 03:22:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Walleye

Ya did a fine job on that Pens!  8)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Habanero Smoker

It looks very well made. I was kidding about the $100; I would have guessed it is worth a lot more. It's a piece of very impressive workmanship.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

HCT

Pens, where do I place my order? :)
Great set up.
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

pensrock

Thanks everyone.  :)

QuotePens, where do I place my order?
HCT, I do not think you would want to wait as long as I did to get it made.  :) I cut/bent/fabbed the pieces about three months ago. But just got around to welding them together a week or two ago. Then I drilled all the holes and primed/painted/assembled it. It always seems to take longer when you design/make something for yourself. It did come out pretty well though and works great.

QuoteIt looks very well made. I was kidding about the $100; I would have guessed it is worth a lot more. It's a piece of very impressive workmanship.
HABS, it helps a lot when you work at a fabrication shop with nice equipment.

nickld

Just a thought because I'm home alone and there's nothing (as usual) on TV. If I just had another OBS without the smoke generator, couldn't I just piggy back them or run a my dryer hose from the top of the original Bradley to vacant port in the other?  ;) Anyone have a Bradley without a smoke generator?

pensrock

Sure you could do that. I think on here somewhere someone else bought a different brand square smoker real cheap and set it right on top of the Bradley, so the smoke goes from one unit into the other.

Gizmo

West Coast Kansan is the one.  He bought a $50 sale priced box at wally world and uses it for cold smoking when needed for extra space.  It will just sit on top of the bradley and the smoke goes up out the bradley vent and into the burner hole of the box on top.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Smoking Duck

I have two Bradleys myself.  I really only smoke with the OBS primarily.  Maybe I should set up the DBS to be a cold smoke only.  Hmmmm, if only I could find the time  ;D

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

nickld

Well, unfortunately I only have the one OBS. My Big Easy arrived today, however, and it came in a cardboard shipping box that should work wonderfully for a cold smoking attachment.  8)

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: nickld on December 06, 2008, 02:21:03 PM
Well, unfortunately I only have the one OBS. My Big Easy arrived today, however, and it came in a cardboard shipping box that should work wonderfully for a cold smoking attachment.  8)

Good idea! Though I find using a small liquor box works better then using a box that is larger.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

nickld

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on December 06, 2008, 02:26:05 PM

Good idea! Though I find using a small liquor box works better then using a box that is larger.

I could always cut the box down to size with a razor knife. If I got a liquor box, well then I'd have to drink the liquor!  :P Then I would probably have to take a couple of days to recover...  ;D But if I must..........

Mr Walleye

Quote from: nickld on December 06, 2008, 02:46:58 PM
Quote from: Habanero Smoker on December 06, 2008, 02:26:05 PM

I could always cut the box down to size with a razor knife. If I got a liquor box, well then I'd have to drink the liquor!  :P Then I would probably have to take a couple of days to recover...  ;D But if I must..........

Atta a boy Nick!

Taking one for the team!  ::)  :D

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Bradley (Head Office)

Hello Members

The Cold Smoke Adaptor

Is now in stock

Smokin Soon