NEW BBQ JOINT

Started by Wildcat, October 28, 2008, 06:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildcat

I have been smoking with the Bradley for a little over 2 years now.  In all that time have not set foot into a  BBQ restraunt after realizing how much better mine was.  About 6 months ago a new "Carolina" BBQ joint opened near us.  Many folks that I know went there and raved about how good they were.  We forgot to set anything out to thaw for dinner tonight so we decided to go out and try it.  Not bad but no where close to what the BS can produce.  Meat was tender and juicy, but barely had any smoke aroma or taste and their sauce can not even come close to Ice's.  Do I dare reduce their business and invite these friends over to sample some real Q?  ;D
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Mr Walleye

WildCat.. If you do you won't be able to keep up!  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

westexasmoker

Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

beefmann

wildcat,

I have has the same feelings with a lot of bbq Joints of being  substandard comapred to the BS and there is restaurant  across the  street from me that there  food tastes like sweage compared to the food that comes  out of the BS

all i can  say  is  invite them  over

Habanero Smoker

I feel the same way except for one small BBQ joint near me. That place makes the best brisket sandwich with a cheese sauce that I cannot come close to comparing. I often think about trying to get a job their so I can pick up some pointers.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

HCT

There are a couple of bbq joints in my area. I just click my shoes 3 times and think, "there's no place like home." :D :D :D
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

westexasmoker

We have a few here in town that are locally owned and are very good and then we have some that are of the chain variety and are awful.  What kills me is what they charge!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

iceman

I'd say invite them over Wildcat and show them "real Q". We sure have gotten spoiled up here with the Bradleys.  :P ;D

Wildcat

I think I will do it and instruct all of them to bring adult beverages.  My stock is running a little low.  ;D  Now - butt or brisket?  ::)  Perhaps both.  ;D

My only true point here is this little smoker is wonderful.  My brinkman now only sees chicken and lean beef such as steaks.  I gave the old side burner smoker to a neighbor with little money and several kids.  I was not useing it anymore anyway.

beefmann

cool wild cat

I  think it would be fun to do

love the smoke

Went to Texas Roadhouse the other night and had pulled pork and ribs, The pulled pork was tough and the ribs had really no smoke flavor at all, the small bread loaves were really good with the cinnamon butter,  so I think I will spend the next 80 dollars on butts and ribs to do myself in the Bradley

LTS
LTS

Wildcat

The Texas Roadhouse here have pretty good ribs but a little sweet for my taste.