baby back ribs

Started by beefmann, November 07, 2008, 07:38:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beefmann

hey all

Doing  baby back ribs today  with misquette WAIT ... that is a WTS  Line...hehehehe any way here are  some pics

out of the package and rinsed

cut in half and covered in garlic

then covered and rubed in some brown sugar

then with one of my  rubs

on racks waiting  for the  smoker

in the smoker starting the smoking process  then cook till  done

LilSmoker

I'm so jealous beefmann major drooling going on over here!

They're gonna be awesome! save me some!

...........LilSmoker
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

beefmann

LIL smoker,

if you are around when they get done... you may have as much as you  can eat...as for the rest of the meal were having garlic mashed potatoes, Green beans and garlic bread...

westexasmoker

Looks great beef......and I think mesquite is an excellent plan!  ;D

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

beefmann

the last pic out of the smoker ... fall off the bone tender my best todate am quite proud though it might not be up to some of your standards though still good and better then bbq joint

as for the rest of the  dinner it was mashed potatoes, green beens and garlis bread

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Consiglieri

Mine are still cooking.  Hope they turn out like those.  Great job. 
Consiglieri

LilSmoker

Awesome beefmann! just as i expected

I'm off to check the freezer for a few racks, after seeing your pics i need a rib fix!

Smokin Soon

Ok, Beef whats the real deal on the Mesquite thing, have you gone to the dark side? Did the Hickory Gods fail you?

beefmann

SS...

yeah the hickory  gods did fail me this time...

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

actually i like most to all the flavors of wood... so i cook what im in the mood for..

LIL Smoker..  did you  expect  less?...  just kidding it all  takes  practice and trial and error,... the seasoning i have down pretty  much its the meat and timing  on  done... I have gotton to the point where I  can look at the meat and tell if it  is close to being done to my  taste

LilSmoker

QuoteLIL Smoker..  did you  expect  less?...  just kidding it all  takes  practice and trial and error,... the seasoning i have down pretty  much its the meat and timing  on  done... I have gotton to the point where I  can look at the meat and tell if it  is close to being done to my  taste

Haha! no i didn't expect less  ;) I know what you mean about looking and knowing when it's done to taste, i do ribs on auto pilot nowdays, and the results are always just right for my taste, and usually no complaints from the rest of the family when it comes to the eating!  ;D

Having said that, i still like to experiment with ribs, as there's always room for improvement i think, and i really enjoy testing the results

If i were closer, i would willingly come and help you test those ribs 

LilSmoker...........

beefmann

anytime lil smoker ... has a half rack left... might  have it  for  lunch...and as for expermenting it is always good and fun as well.. that is what i have done with these  ribs.

what i dod was add olive oil garlic as a base .. this will take some practice depending on how much wqe like garlic.. then a coat of brown sugar that has the same amount of  covering as the garlic...and finally a covering  of  your  favorite rub and let stand in the fridge 24 hours and smoke

Tenpoint5

Quote from: beefmann on November 07, 2008, 07:38:35 AM

in the smoker starting the smoking process  then cook till  done

Beefman, What's the modification to the V rack/drip pan that it looks flat? or is that to keep drippings off the heater and fan mods you put in?
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

beefmann

10 5..

It is my heater mod with a 900 watt finned heater.. Click on the link to see the whole process of mounting and there is a small piece of metal to cover the exhost vent that has been added.

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=6943.0

NePaSmoKer

WTG beefmann, they look awsome................GoodEats

nepas