Yeay, its done!

Started by Patience, November 08, 2008, 02:31:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patience

I finally finished the project.  It took longer than expected but got it done before rifle season.  I ran my first load at 25 lbs. and figure I can do 4 times that easily.  The Auber PID alarm outputs control the smoke generator and the convection fan seperatly.  I will set the drying temp of 120 deg. with the convection fan on for 2 hours while ramping to 145, then turn the S.G. on for however long its needed.  After the holding temp of 165 is reached the program will turn the SG back off (both burner and motor) and the fan will come on for 1 minute out of every 10 minutes just to keep the box temps constant.  Because the size of the box and distance from elements I never had to flip or rotate the load and the controller kept temps within 5 deg. for the entire cook.  I can fit 28 of the Bradley shelves, or hang 16 dowels that will hold 64 1LB summer sausages.  With 4200 watts even if I open both doors to load, the heat climbs back up within minutes.  I put lights on the electric box to indicate from a distance (usually my bedroom cuz I smoke stuff overnight)  if the SG is on/off and when the fan is on/off, and I have a heat switch that turns the red light on and a siren if the box temp hits 290 deg. due to an SSR failure that closes the circuit. 

Thanks to all who answered my questions on this forum, there are a lot of good thinkers here!   ;)

A well used minimum suffices for everything -- Phileas Fogg

LilSmoker

Very nice indeed! well done to you
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Consiglieri

Wow!

Quite a while back we tried to figure out if you could smoke a whole hog in the bradley.  Gizmo or WCK pulled it off with a small carcass.  I think you could smoke hogzilla. 

Nice job. 
Consiglieri

beefmann

paitence

WAy to go.. looks like a great  smoker and should provide a lot of years of smoking

smokeitall

Wow that is awesome...I can't wait to finish mine...

Habanero Smoker

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Mr Walleye

Congrats Patience!

It turned out fantastic! ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

NePaSmoKer

Oldman

Nice look unit...congrats!

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

iceman

Great job !!! That is one great looking smoker.

Caneyscud

Man, that is on humdinger of a smoking machine --------- I want one!

Shakespeare
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Tenpoint5

That is one great looking smoker. You are a lucky man. There aint no way in he!! my wife would let me put a smoker in the bedroom!!!

Quote:
I put lights on the electric box to indicate from a distance (usually my bedroom cuz I smoke stuff overnight)
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

hillbillysmoker

Great job. Thanks for sharing.
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

HCT

Well done, beautiful piece of equipment. :)
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

Doctor Woody

I'm jealous.  Would like to see some pictures with that baby loaded up!