Smoked Poke Chops

Started by Tenpoint5, November 13, 2008, 06:42:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

Did some smoking for the neighbor and he paid with a Pork loin roast. Which was totally unexpected. Considering he bought the beer we drank when smoking. I thought I would make some Smoked pork chops.

Coated with CYM and Rub

After 3 hours of smoke. (Hickory)

After a night in the fridge you have. Thick cut pork chops AKA: Iowa Chop  3/4 - 1 inch thick

Six in the freezer for later and Six in the fridge for dinner tonight on the grill.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

beefmann

10 5,

great job looks delicious...as for your  neighbor buying the loin dont be supprized if it  happins more, Once my neighbors found out what a good smoking is all about they  have asked  me to smoke for them, i tell them to buy the meat and it is  on

westexasmoker

Those look awesome!  Bet ya can't wait to get that grill fired up tonight!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Tenpoint5

Quote from: beefmann on November 13, 2008, 07:20:03 AM
i tell them to buy the meat and it is  on

I usually add a couple Barley Pops to that!! Of course I offer to share as well!!

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

pensrock

Looks great!
What time are WE eating?  ;) :D

Tenpoint5

Tro some Cinn and Sugar coated Apples, Some Corn, and Some Steamed Baby Red Taters with garlic and parsley on the plate with the Smoked Poke Chops add a beer and yes indeed LIFE IS GOOD!!!!

Buck36

Those are some good looking pork chops. That is a great idea about smoking them ahead of time. The supermarket by us has been running sales on loin for 1.97/lb. I am going to have to get a couple more!

westexasmoker

Looks great 10.5!  Caught myself reaching for the knife and fork...............well maybe it was the beer!  ;D
But what a fabulous meal!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

NePaSmoKer

Hey 10.5

Something missing there at your table......................ME....... :D

Awsome job btw.

nepas