New owner (It's on it's way)

Started by coolbreeze, November 15, 2008, 02:27:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokin Soon

SNT, Ya just can't waste those racks. Good for a crowd, throw a couple of racks of wings in. They will not need as much as the bird. When the fryer is hot, Toss and sauce!! You will still have enough room for a couple of fattys too. Easy to make. [And have lots of beer!]

Smokin_N_Texas

Well its here, i'm home, and the seasoning process has begun. Time to start adding all that flavor that i see lining the walls of your smokers in all the pics.  Mine looks so nice and clean...

Its Alive!! Seasoning process under way.

Mr Walleye

It sure is shinny SNT!  :D

Not for long though I'm sure.  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

westexasmoker

Don't worry about that nice and shiny, after each smoke the seasoning just keeps getting better!  And I agree one heck'uva deal...Bet your ready to smoke something now!  I remember as soon as mine was delivered and seasoned that same night I was a digging through the fridge for anything to smoke!  Congrats!  

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Mr Walleye

Quote from: westexasmoker on December 04, 2008, 04:34:10 PM
Don't worry about that nice and shiny, after each smoke the seasoning just keeps getting better!  And I agree one heck'uva deal...Bet your ready to smoke something now!  I remember as soon as mine was delivered and seasoned that same night I was a digging through the fridge for anything to smoke!  Congrats!  

C

I could just see your wife WesTex.... Kids, hide your pets!... The old mans got a new smoker and he's walkin' t'wards the house!  :o  :o  :o

:D  :D  :D  :D  ;D

Mike

NePaSmoKer

Mine was once that shiny  ;D

Let it crusty it will smoke better  ;D

nepas

Smokin Soon

Wifey once threatened my DBS with oven cleaner. Stopped it real quick by telling her I would take it to the dump if she did. Harsh but effective

Smoking Duck

Quote from: Smokin Soon on December 05, 2008, 03:36:43 PM
Wifey once threatened my DBS with oven cleaner. Stopped it real quick by telling her I would take it to the dump if she did. Harsh but effective

Wouldn't that be the ultimate cutting off your nose to spite your face?  If my wife threatened my smoker, I might threaten to take her to the dump..... ;) ;D ;D

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Smokin_N_Texas

Tomorrow will be the day. I picked up a rack of ribs, a whole chicken, boneless skinless chicken & some bacon, and a pork tenderloin. Not sure if i'll do the tenderloin tomorrow, but the rest of it is going in.

Since i plan on doing the Smoked then Fried turkey on Sunday for lunch with friends over, i wanted to try out the method on a whole chicken. Any reason why that won't turn out with the same results as a test run?  I plan on cold smoking for several hours, then dropping it in the turkey fryer for a short bit (smaller bird, not much cooking time).

I'll be scouring the forums for the best rib recepies, and i was thinking i'd wrap the boneless chicken breasts in bacon and smoke those for dinner tomorrow evening. This is all to get the feel of the unit, then i plan on making smoking a weekly habit.

I almost picked up some almonds and some cheesecloth at the store tonight to give that a run, but held off until i make a Sam's run to pick up the big container of almonds at a better price.

On a really cool note, i went by Academy sports tonight on the way home, i wanted to pick up a Wireless Thermometer so i can monitor the IT from inside the house, and when i went back to the endcap where they had the Bradley stuff a week ago, it had all gotten moved to the side of the endcap, but they had a handful of the 4 rack smoker covers on a peg labeled $9.99. I pounced on that and when i got to the register they rang it up for $29.99 so i had them check the endcap. They pulled the peg but gave me mine for that price. I also picked up the thermometer, not the Maverick T73, but close enough for now. I also picked up a box of the Apple bisquits, so i have Mesquite and Apple now to choose from.

Anyway, getting really excited about the first run tomorrow.  ;D ;D ;D

La Quinta

Smokin Texas Man...and Coolbreeze...welcome aboard...very nice to have you here with us...Giggles (aka Smoking Duck) is a happily married man...so don't believe anything he says...WTS( aka West Texas Smoker) will tell you to use the "wood that we shall not speak of"(mesquite...on...eggs if he could talk you into it)...and FishMan( Mr Walleye) is pretty cool!! There are some really incredibly smart smoking peeps on here...I'm not one of them but they are around!!!  ;D

Gizman...Smokin Soon...NePa...CatMan...way smarter then me...great sources for questions...don't be afraid to ask...  :)

LilSmoker

Welcome here STM and Coolbreeze, that is a 5exy looking Bradley, but it's far too shiny!
Best get smoking and get it all blacked up!

Be patient with the ribs, they take a lot of experimenting, but once you get them right you'll realise it was worth the effort  ;)

LilSmoker........
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Mr Walleye

Quote from: La Quinta on December 05, 2008, 08:58:54 PM
Smokin Texas Man...and Coolbreeze...welcome aboard...very nice to have you here with us...Giggles (aka Smoking Duck) is a happily married man...so don't believe anything he says...WTS( aka West Texas Smoker) will tell you to use the "wood that we shall not speak of"(mesquite...on...eggs if he could talk you into it)...and FishMan( Mr Walleye) is pretty cool!! There are some really incredibly smart smoking peeps on here...I'm not one of them but they are around!!!  ;D

Gizman...Smokin Soon...NePa...CatMan...way smarter then me...great sources for questions...don't be afraid to ask...  :)

Don't let let LQ mislead you.... there are a lot of fantastic culinary people on the forum and LQ is one of them... She is being way to humble.

Mike

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum Smokin_N_Texas!

That sure is a nice shiny smoker, hopefully the interior will be black in no time.

I hope you have found the recipe site and the FAQ's:

You can  click on the plate of ribs and the bottom of this post to get there.

It's quite a bunch of minds we have here. feel free to ask away!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Tenpoint5

SNT Welcome I feel that I must warn you.  You said "i plan on making smoking a weekly habit." This statement is SOOOOOOO far from the truth. You will be trying to invent and find ways to smoke every day, or at least working on something to be smoked. IE: curing, brining, or resting in a rub. Like everyone has told you there is a lot of knowledge here all you have to do is ask.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Wildcat

Quote from: Mr Walleye on December 06, 2008, 12:11:57 AM
Quote from: La Quinta on December 05, 2008, 08:58:54 PM

Don't let let LQ mislead you.... there are a lot of fantastic culinary people on the forum and LQ is one of them... She is being way to humble.

Mike

Concur.Unfortunately, do to her location, she does not get enough practice at smoking cheese.  :D
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/