meat slicers

Started by dick621, November 24, 2008, 07:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dick621

anyone have the cabelas $99 dollar heavy duty slicer.  How do you clean yours?  I sliced raw liver tonight to dehydrate for dog treats and it really messed it up. I wound up taking it all apart and hope I got it clean enough.  Curious as to how others do it.
Dick in Emmett, Idaho

Tenpoint5

I have a 2600 psi Power Washer you can use. I can imagine the mess raw liver made.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: dick621 on November 24, 2008, 07:26:18 PM

anyone have the cabelas $99 dollar heavy duty slicer.  How do you clean yours?  I sliced raw liver tonight to dehydrate for dog treats and it really messed it up. I wound up taking it all apart and hope I got it clean enough.  Curious as to how others do it.

Take it apart the best you can and use a spray bottle with bleach/water and spray the heck out of it. Maybe next time freeze the meat before slicing  ;D

nepas

dick621

10.5  the power washer sounds good,ha ha.

Nepas, the liver was mostly frozen.  Thawed enough to be messy tho.  Next batch wont pull it from the freezer quite as early.
Dick in Emmett, Idaho

bflosmoke

Does a $99 meat slicer do the trick for home use or do you have to go bigger

Tenpoint5

Quote from: bflosmoke on November 25, 2008, 07:22:45 AM
Does a $99 meat slicer do the trick for home use or do you have to go bigger

BFLO,
It should take care of most home projects. The one I have is a Rival $20-25 machine that folds in half for storage. It does what I need most of the time.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Smokin Soon

Ditto on the cheap Rival slicer. I have had mine for 6 years, and it works great for Canadian bacon, belly bacon, pastrami and the like.

bflosmoke

Smoking Duck

Do a search on Ebay, buffalosmoke.  Seems like you could get a decent one there for a decent price.

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

West Coast Sausage Maker

soylent green is people