Smoker Puck Advance timer not working? Help!!

Started by AmbiguosSmoker, November 26, 2008, 11:24:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmbiguosSmoker

I have the 6 rack digital bradley smoker. Have had it for about 6 months.

Recently the puck advance stopped working all together. I was able to get it to start working manually after I unplugged the unit and plugged it back in.

However now the puck advance is not working on its own. It works when your press the advance button, but after 20 minutes of smoking goes by it does not automatically advance on its own.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Mr Walleye

Hi AS and welcome to the forum.

Here is a link to the FAQ's. you might want to give this a shot. If this doesn't help give Bradley a call because your unit should still be under warranty and their customer service is usually second to none.

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showpost.php?p=775&postcount=18

Keep us posted.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

beefmann

AS ...

Welcome to the forum... a few other items to  check is be sure that there is no excissive build up of bisquette dust, sap from the  wood along the  channel...hope this helps

Leifostberg

I had the same problem and solved it by removing all the pucks and cleaning the channel out with an air compressor; it worked just fine after that.

Regards,

Leif

car54

AmbiguosSmoker ,

I believe that is still under warranty. Call up Bradley and they will send you a new one. If you are able to get the other one working then you will have a spare or at least spare parts. Other people have had the same problems.

Brad