Turkey Under Cooked

Started by ollavac_j, November 28, 2008, 08:23:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Walleye

Ollavac_j

The ET73 will monitor the temp of the smoker and it will monitor the inside temp of whatever your smoking. The probes extend into your smoker so you don't have to keep opening the door to check them. It also has a remote receiver that will display both temps up to 100 feet away depending on what it has to travel through.

On the other hand the PID controls your smokers temperature, usually within a couple of degrees to the set point.

They are totally separate items that do different jobs. If nothing else, you need the ET73 so you can monitor whatever your smoking.

Hope that helps..

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Smoking Duck

If I had to choose one or the other, I'd get the Maverick first and then worry about the PID.  If you can afford to get both, you won't be sorry.  And, if you can afford to get both, how bout helping a brother out and buying me a ton of bisquettes? ;D

I'm just kidding about that.........I don't need a ton  :o ;) :)

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

KyNola

John,
Mike has you covered on the ET-73.  You may have to adjust your temp setting on the BDS once you see what's going on but don't over react as the temp will stabilize as the meat comes up to temp.  Assuming your married don't tell your wife that you don't have to tend to the smoker with beverage in hand. ;)

KyNola

Mr Walleye

Quote from: KyNola on November 29, 2008, 02:33:57 PM
John,
Mike has you covered on the ET-73.  You may have to adjust your temp setting on the BDS once you see what's going on but don't over react as the temp will stabilize as the meat comes up to temp.  Assuming your married don't tell your wife that you don't have to tend to the smoker with beverage in hand. ;)

KyNola

Ya... Ya!   It's hard work!.... A guy gets thirsty ya know!  ::)  ;D

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

ollavac_j

I hear that.  The one good thing about winter is the beers stay as cold as can be : )  And I can keep a crap load of it cold on the garage floor  ;)  Hey guys I have a good question.  Lets say If I bought the $1500 Smokin' Tex Smoker, would I have to worry about temp control like on the Bradley?  I guess I never expected to have to buy extras for an electric smoker because that's what I thought was the perk about smoking electric in the first place.  This is also my first smoker too, so it'll explain how much I know...he he.  I'm trying to figure out a way to tell the wife I need more stuff after just spending $300 bones.  She's looking at me like I need to return this unit and get a different one...