"Best Turkey Ever"......

Started by Crimson Ghost, November 28, 2008, 04:18:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crimson Ghost

;D  It's  all I heard yesterday form my guests !!  I made 5 turkeys yesterday - the biggest hit was the smoked then deep fried bird (no left overs from that one either).   Thank you for the assistance in making it too !!   I smoked it with apple for 4 hours at 120 degrees and then deep fried it in peanut oil at 325 degrees for one hour.  I owe all the thanks to this forum for the wonderful assistance in making it happen !!

The second favorite bird was simply deep fried in peanut oil - no seasoning, after that it was the oven bird.....then the seasoned birds, but people were mostly speeaking about the smoked/fried.  thanks !!!    ;D ;D ;D

pensrock

Glad everything went well. Its a great feeling when you are able to please so many.
Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving.

KyNola

Way to go CG!  You are now officially hopelessly addicted.  Congrats on them all coming out so well.

KyNola

beefmann

way to go CG and you  will have other events like this as well

Smoking Duck

Way to go, CG.  Now, you have put yourself in the ranks of "go-to" guy when someone wants some delicious food!  It's now a loabor of love  ;D

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

wbrannon

Sounds great as well as a good eat! I tried a new recipe this year for my whole turkey- brined it for two days in a spicy brine and then made a spicy citrus marinade for one day then smoked for about 4 hrs with apple wood at a temp of  300-350 F. That one didn't go in the BS since I can't achieve that temp with the BS so I used the BGE.

I found my annual treasure trove of fresh turkey breasts that were about to reach their suspense date and bought 30 at a greatly reduced price. 10 are on now in my Bradleys and I am marinading several more in the citrus marinade and will cook them tomorrow in the Bradley.

love the smoke

I also did the smoke / fried bird but did one more step did the Brine/smoke/injected/fried

Brined overnight
COLD smoked for 3 hrs with Cherry
Injected creole butter seasoning
Fried for 40 min in the peanut oil

Everybody said BEST turkey they ever had, when I cut the breast meat and held it up to move to the serving tray the juice literally ran out of it mmmmm good

LTS

PS now I have orders to do another one next weekend for brother
LTS

Mr Walleye

Ya know it's good when.......

Quote from: love the smoke on November 28, 2008, 03:52:21 PM
PS now I have orders to do another one next weekend for brother

Great job LTS!  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

FLBentRider

Yup, you know if was good when there are no leftover turkey and there _was_ alot of leftover Ham that you made a good bird.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!