Auto-shutoff question, lowest temperature setting question?

Started by zman, December 02, 2008, 07:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zman

Hi, I was about to click "buy" button for classic smoker but then change my mind. I have couple questions. 1.     Is $230 is good price? If not were I can buy it cheaper.  2.   Is it more expensive to smoke with  "Wood biscuits" then wood chip with other smoker? 3. Most important question: I don't like that classic unit has 8 hour auto-shutoff because I'm planning on cold smoking and most of fish or meat needs more then 8 hours. So, is there a way to turn it off? Or have a set up that would reset time, for example a lamp timer? Or extending  biscuit feeder... 4. How many biscuits water tray can hold?   5  Nowhere I can find lowest temperature sittings on classic model, is it less then 90 F ?              Thank you!!!!!!!!! 

NePaSmoKer

Hi zman

When you say classic at $230 are you looking at a Bradley digital smoker?

nepas

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: zman on December 02, 2008, 07:29:37 PM
Bradley® Electric Smoker

$230 for the original bradley is a good price, but it does not have an 8 hour shut off, its a manual slid temp controller. The Bradley digital have the timed controller and are set at 9 hr 20 mins i beleive. I paid $499 for the 4 rack and $549 for the 6 rack.
The original and satinless steel operate the same, slider control. The 4 and 6 rack Digitals are timed.

What site were you going to buy it from?

nepas

Gizmo

For the Bradley, you will most likely not be using more than 4 hours of smoke.  This unit is not like lump or log smokers where you burn wood for hours on end.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

zman

Store name Cabelas.com and unit cost  249.99 but you can get 20 off if you give them your email address.  With tax  250-20 off + 15 tax= 245  but if you go to website you have to search it by item number:  1AJ - 514812 other wise price is 300.

Smokin Soon

NePaSmoKer

The Bradley your looking at is the original Bradley in black. What they mean by automatic is the wood feeder (or smoke generator) slides a wood puck onto the heating element that makes the wood smoke every 20 mins, the actual heating element is located in the bottom rear of the cab. The slider in front of the bradley to adjust the heat can stay on as long as you want.

nepas