Bradley and Big Easy Turkey

Started by stillsmoking, November 30, 2008, 09:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickld

Didn't even know of the Big Easy until a couple of days ago... I hadn't been to this forum for some time. Anyway, now I have a Big Easy ordered and I'm doing a simple dry salt cure on a fresh turkey. I had intended to cold smoke with apple and maple for 2 hours and finish in the oven but if the Big easy arrives on time I will use it! Great experiment.  I've never tried to smoke a turkey in the Bradley but have had plenty of luck with pork butts, brisket, ribs, and some of the best salmon I've ever eaten! I'm just drooling at the thought of what I can do with the Bradley/Big Easy combo!

Smokin Soon

Stay tuned, I think Habs is gonna collect the Big Easy stuff and put it on the recipe site to make it easy to find. There are quite a few users now.

bobbatt

Thought I would share a couple of pictures....YYYUUUMMMMM!!!!

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Smokin Soon on December 02, 2008, 05:17:59 PM
Stay tuned, I think Habs is gonna collect the Big Easy stuff and put it on the recipe site to make it easy to find. There are quite a few users now.

SS;

I'm going to collect the data on fully smoking/cooking a turkey in the OBS. There have been many question on how to fully cook a turkey using the smoker. Though I have smoke several birds in the OBS, I've never collected any data, because I usually smoke/cook ahead of time, so timing was not that important.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Savannahsmoker

Purchased The Big Easy just before Thanksgiving and did a turkey in it for the big day.  Was great, and now I am going with your idea of smoking first and finish off in TBE.  Thanks

Smokin Soon

Maple Smoke, A big fat bird, and a Big Easy. It just does not get any better! [With Beer of course!]  :D ;) :)

Savannahsmoker

Well Smokin Soon I do believe that any ourtdoor cooking requires beer.  It is a law in Georgia.  In fact most outdoor and som indoor activities require beer in Ga.

Smokin Soon

That put me the mood for a graphic!

deb415611

SS-

BOY??? toys?  ???  ???

Deb ;D

Smokin Soon

I'm gonna fix it real quick!!!!!!

deb415611

I just saved it to my computer so I can show it to LQ  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Smokin Soon

What on earth could I have been thinking???? OOHHH the wrath!!!

Savannahsmoker

Great pic ha ha, just great.  wonder if I can add my Harley

nickld

Whew!.... Good save Smokin'!   :o

~Nick

Smokin Soon

Savannah, just what model do you have, there is room on the bottom! I almost got in trouble there!! These chubby fingers of mine could'n move fast enough!!!!!!