WTS does CB

Started by westexasmoker, November 30, 2008, 05:24:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westexasmoker

Habs CB is the bomb.....

Out of the week cure and looking happy and trussed up!

Nights rest in the fridge to dry a bit!

Two hours smoke (guess which one) and 5 hours total till we hit 145!

And now the wait begins...that two day thing is a killer.  But all vac-sealed and happy in fridge!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Smoking Duck

Well done, WTS!  I'm confused as to why you chose mesquite  ;) ;D  I'd tell you to branch out a little but I think you'd think that mean grab another branch of mesquite!

CB looks really good!

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

FLBentRider

That Hickory smoked CB Looks great, wts...
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Smoking Duck

Quote from: FLBentRider on November 30, 2008, 05:27:06 PM
That Hickory smoked CB Looks great, wts...

Still giggling like a school girl  ;D ;D ;D

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Mr Walleye

Looks great WTS!  ;) .... Well.... minus the mesquite.  ::)

I'm almost out. Last time I made it I did 4 loins, sliced, vac sealed and into the freezer. I'm going to have to do it again soon.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

KyNola

Really good looking CB WTS.  I must tell you that if LQ sees that you used the devil's wood on CB the teabag  is coming out again. :D

KyNola

NePaSmoKer

Looks good wts. makes me want to do some now.

nepas

pensrock

Got mine ready and put into the fridge today.  :)

La Quinta

I am running out of teabags on this guy...  ??? You simply can't do CB with mesquite...it's just a rule from above......only the hickory and any other wood (frankly) can bathe in Habs CB... can I have an AMEN?

Gizmo

Start using the used tea bags.  You can smack them with the wet ones if they don't pay attention.  ;)
Of course I did use messyquite on the brisket I did for T-day.   :o
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Smokin Soon

Habanero Smoker

WTS;

That looks good. You may inspire me to use my mesquite for more then just the bisquette that I load on top of my two Bubba Pucks. ;D I would ask you to let us know what mesquite tastes like on CB, but we all already know the answer to that. :)

I just did a 4.5 pound one on Saturday. I used one of 10.5 ideas, and added some apple flavor by using 1/4 of boiled cider. I'm going to taste it today.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

westexasmoker

The wait is over!  I swear Habs this stuff should be illegal.....Yeah its that good!   ;D

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Tenpoint5

Looks great WTS. I had two venison backstraps wonder to close to my deer stand last Saturday. Will start the cure on Friday mornign when I get home from work. So Messy wood is good on CB huh? Maybe I'll try OOOOOUCH!!! Where the hell did that Teabag come from?

Habs How did the Apple Cider CB turn out?
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on December 03, 2008, 11:50:00 AM
Looks great WTS. I had two venison backstraps wonder to close to my deer stand last Saturday. Will start the cure on Friday mornign when I get home from work. So Messy wood is good on CB huh? Maybe I'll try OOOOOUCH!!! Where the hell did that Teabag come from?

Habs How did the Apple Cider CB turn out?

Adding the boiled cider to the cure turned out real good, my only regret was that I did not coat it with layer of more boiled cider before putting it in the smoker. I'm going to make another batch, because that was part of some gift packages I'm giving away.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)