1st Cold Smoke of Cheese in Florida

Started by FLBentRider, December 03, 2008, 03:53:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smoking Duck

Hey FLBR,

How did the cheese come out?  Surely you broke into it by now?

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

FLBentRider

Funny you should ask, I looked at it as I was packing the cooler to go to Disney for our littlest's Birthday, and I was going to put some in the cooler, got distratched and here I sit in the hotel room with no cheese. Sunday night We will break into it.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

La Quinta

I'm so jealous FLBent...looks like we may have a cold front coming in....like a 20 degree drop...I'm stoked...

NePaSmoKer

I got stoked too....... ;D fireplace that is cuz its snowing like a......well you know

nepas

FLBentRider

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: FLBentRider on December 12, 2008, 06:54:23 PM
Snowing... Smoke some Cheese!!  ::)

Ya ever done swiss.  I would like to try it with some venison salami and a ritz  ;D

nepas

La Quinta

NePas....bring your shorts and flip flops...we're still in the 70's everyday...(we do have the fireplace on...cause it's cold in the morning!!) Like 65 when we get up....we're freezing our butts off!!!  ;D

Smokin Soon

If yer gonna do swiss, make sure it is aged swiss. My first try was a mess. The aged swiss was a beauty as well as a pound of parmesan. I like the firm or hard cheese the best cause it is a little more friendly to my somewhat clumsy smoking attempts!

pensrock

Quote(we do have the fireplace on...cause it's cold in the morning!!) Like 65 when we get up....we're freezing our butts off!!!   

I only turn my furnace up to 65 when I'm home, then when I'm at work it is set to 58.  :)

deb415611

Quote from: La Quinta on December 12, 2008, 06:59:12 PM
NePas....bring your shorts and flip flops...we're still in the 70's everyday...(we do have the fireplace on...cause it's cold in the morning!!) Like 65 when we get up....we're freezing our butts off!!!  ;D

It was 57 the other day and felt like spring :)   Today it's 20.  We haven't turned the fireplace on yet.   

Gonna smoke some cheese today - Should I send you some LQ?

pensrock

QuoteShould I send you some LQ?

I'm not sure LQ likes smoked cheese, she never makes any.  ;) ;D

Just ribbing ya LQ.  :)

La Quinta

Thanks for the offer Deb...but I gotta try doing it myself...suppose to be a cold winter, at least that's what I've read...Keep your cheese and feed it to the growing boy you have!!!  :D

Thanks again...very sweet of you to offer.  :)

FLBentRider

I cracked open the first smoked cheese brick tonight.

I think it was the aged cheddar, based on the texture.

G O O D   S T U F F !!

six thumbs up here.

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Smoking Duck

Quote from: FLBentRider on December 14, 2008, 06:01:21 PM
I cracked open the first smoked cheese brick tonight.

I think it was the aged cheddar, based on the texture.

G O O D   S T U F F !!

six thumbs up here.

Excellent, FLBR.  You must have a hard time cutting things up, being all thumbs  ;) ;D

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Father Tom

Those sure look great. This morning temperature was -14 degrees so good day to also smoke some cheese.  Left door open for 30 minutes and put ice in bowl.  put in one salami loaf, one horseradish and one friendly garlic.  All 1#.  Closed door 8AM and applied hickory smoke for 2 hours.  cabinet temperature 67 degrees.    Vacium packed and now in ref for 10 days.  Will let you know.

Tom