lowest temperature setting you can have on basic electric Bradley smoker

Started by zman, December 03, 2008, 08:04:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zman

What is lowest temperature setting you can have on basic electric Bradley smoker unit if you unplug main heating element and use only smoke generator to produce heat.  I'm trying to cold smoke and that's about 85 f. thank you

Smoking Duck

I generally find that using the SG only will increase the tower temp about 60F from ambient.  Of course, there are ways that you can work around this (using ice in the tower and keeping the door cracked open).  You can also set up a cold smoke box with Bradley which is simple to find with a search.

Hope that helps.

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Habanero Smoker

With the cold smoke setup, you can smoke at or just above the ambient temperature. With the addition of ice you can keep the cabinet below ambient temperature.

Cold Smoke Setup

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

LilSmoker

I use the cardboard box chamber setup when cold smoking, with the addition of ice you can get the temp a lot lower than 85f.
Obviously a lot depends on the weather ambient temp etc. If i need to cold smoke in hot weather (we don't see that much in the u.k.) i set up in my garage, and maybe have a fan blowing through.
Bradley are introducing a cold smoking add on, lots of us are eager to see what it's all about  ;)

LilSmoker.........
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

West Coast Sausage Maker

the lowest posible tempurature is always going to be ambient tempurature. ???
soylent green is people

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: T B S on December 12, 2008, 05:08:08 PM
the lowest posible tempurature is always going to be ambient tempurature. ???

It's easy to bring the cabinet temperature below ambient by keeping the smoker in the shade, using the cold smoke setup, and ice in the cabinet.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)